Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 05-07-2008   #1

Default Help me repair my SVS PB10-ISD

Recently my SVS PB10-ISD subwoofer stopped working. I contacted SVS, which was great in providing troubleshooting help, and after using their instructions to find the issue, they concluded that the amp part of the sub took a dump. They offered to sell me a new amp/plate assembly for $175, which is very reasonable but I donít have that kind of money right now. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good repair shop that would be able to look at my BASH amp and maybe repair it for less than a new amp would cost.
TIA
jairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #2

Wink Re: Help me repair my SVS PB10-ISD

You're going to need a new amp any way it goes. Sorry . Depending on how the plate amp sits, its rating and other specs, you can get a replacement Bash plate amp (if it fits) for 150.00 at www.partsexpress.com. I've looked at the amp and it seems to be similar the only thing is that it will be mounted sideways to fit your present enclosure. It actually has more options than the original amp. Measure your plate amp diminsions against these: 11" W x 7" H x 3-1/2" D, if they are the same - this is your cheapest out for a DIY repair.

Last edited by prerich; 05-08-2008 at 04:38 PM..
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #3

Default Re: Help me repair my SVS PB10-ISD

This is a tough one if you can't do a DIY repair because the shipping makes it cheaper in many cases to get an entirely new sub.

j
Old 06-17-2008   #4

Default Re: Help me repair my SVS PB10-ISD

Pull the amp and take it to a local electronics repair shop. Worst case they can't repair it and you're right back where you are now. I'm willing to bet they will be able to fix it.. good luck.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
amp, amplifier, amps, audio, bash, fix, fixing, hsu, pb10, pb10isd, repair, repairs, subwoofer, svs, video