Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 08-10-2009   #31
wes

Default Re: Stereo subs - Do they rock or is it overkill?

Some magazine and other reviewer recommend four subs, I wonder if they are married !
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevign View Post
http://www.vandersteen.com/1chrb.jpg

http://www.vandersteen.com/1c_specifications.pdf

They "shake" the floor well enough during movies. There may be better systems out there for " Home Theatre" and I'm sure there is but I have no "need" to invest money in them. Besides, it's really music reproduction I'm after. Incidentally, I have a CD copy of this to blow my friends away; the Vandys allow the sound of the cannon to come through so well it's staggering.

"Wellington's Victory, recorded in 1960, is played by the London Symphony Orchestra with a pair of 6-pound cannon and a 12- pound howitzer, along with French and British muskets, also courtesy of West Point"

http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Fe...9924774&sr=8-1
Then I am happy for you and you have what you want. Like I said, we all have different things we are looking for in music. For me, that is where the subs have made the biggest difference, but I am not you. You are fortunate you have what you want without having to spend the extra money. I would never be happy, but again, that is just me, not you. Good Listening!!!!!!
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #33

Talking Re: Stereo subs - Do they rock or is it overkill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Some magazine and other reviewer recommend four subs, I wonder if they are married !
That is what I want, but I fear my wife would leave if I bought a 4th sub. I tried to put a smiley face here, but I guess I haven't learned how to do that yet with this site.
Old 08-10-2009   #34
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminio View Post
That is what I want, but I fear my wife would leave if I bought a 4th sub. I tried to put a smiley face here, but I guess I haven't learned how to do that yet with this site.
IN walls sub might be the solution or is it truly overkill. I don't know how you managed three subs in your room how large is your room?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #35

re: "Like I said, we all have different things we are looking for in music."

Not to be argumentative but I think we are all looking for the same thing......"perfect reproduction", just short of having the band over. Ok, I lied, we all want the band over, we just can't afford it.

re: " Good Listening!!!!"

Thanks, you too. Now if I could only figure out how to post on here I would be fine, this is so much different than posting on the Amazon Threads.

Last edited by stevign; 08-10-2009 at 11:59 AM..
stevign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
IN walls sub might be the solution or is it truly overkill. I don't know how you managed three subs in your room how large is your room?
My room is only 12 by 20, but I have all my subs run through a $250 box that sits at my side so that I have complete control at all times. I like to play them loud, but I can turn them down in a second if I need to. I have played in several bands 50 years ago and still like the feeling of having the band right in my room and that is what I get, whether it is a guitar or trumpet solo or Yanni or the Boston Pops, they are in my room and I love it. Of course, my system will only reproduce as good as what is recorded. If it is not recorded well, it will only give me back what is there. But if it is recorded well, it is like being in heaven. I am invalid so I want to bring the bands to me because I can't go and see them. One of the worst recordings I have is the Temptations whom I just loved when I was younger but now I won't even play the recording, it is sooooo bad. Happy Listening.
Sponsored Links

Tags
buy, center, oaudio, output, preamp, rock, setup, sound, split, sq, stereo, sterosubs, subs, subwoofer, subwoofers