Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 11-15-2009   #61
Administrator

Default Re: Stereo subs - Do they rock or is it overkill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevign View Post
I get physically ill even when I listen to Kenny G on 2 inch speakers. Just sayin'.......................
Don't do that. Some have that reaction to him live! Not me, but some. Just sayin'......................
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #62

On my system, Kenny G is right in my living room. You cannot tell the difference. The Infinity speakers so accurately reproduce those sounds that I have my concerts right at home. I am an invalid who cannot go out, so I have invested quite a bit in bringing the sound to me. I absolutely love it. It is my biggest vice and I should be ashamed, but what else do I have?? I'm proud of my system and highly recommend it to others although Infinity is no longer carrying the speakers that I have. I don't know why they got rid of perfection.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminio View Post
On my system, Kenny G is right in my living room. You cannot tell the difference. The Infinity speakers so accurately reproduce those sounds that I have my concerts right at home. I am an invalid who cannot go out, so I have invested quite a bit in bringing the sound to me. I absolutely love it. It is my biggest vice and I should be ashamed, but what else do I have?? I'm proud of my system and highly recommend it to others although Infinity is no longer carrying the speakers that I have. I don't know why they got rid of perfection.
re: " Kenny G is right in my living room"

Then tell him to stop playing music; he's harming the children, the adults and is probably responsible for Global Warming and the poor ecomomy. I ask you; has this man no shame or civic responsibility?

[Save the Whales, Stop Kenny G]
stevign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevign View Post
re: " Kenny G is right in my living room"

Then tell him to stop playing music; he's harming the children, the adults and is probably responsible for Global Warming and the poor ecomomy. I ask you; has this man no shame or civic responsibility?

[Save the Whales, Stop Kenny G]
It isn't just Kenny G, he is not one of my liked musicians. Any musician that is recorded well ends up right in my living room. That was the point of my story. I was replying to "you can't get good stereo from 2" speakers and I agree. It wasn't about the musician.
flaminio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #65

Flaminio:

Of course I knew what the point of your story was, I was just having fun.

Caution: Humor Ahead

re: "Any musician that is recorded well ends up right in my living room"

Are you saying that no matter "how bad" a musician is you'll buy their CD just because they were "recorded" well? If Rudy Van Gelder recorded William Hung's cover of "She Bangs" in 24-bit would you buy it? Inquiring minds need to know.
stevign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #66
Administrator

She Bangs ?

Good example!
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
buy, center, oaudio, output, preamp, rock, setup, sound, split, sq, stereo, sterosubs, subs, subwoofer, subwoofers