Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 02-15-2009   #25

Default Re: What about HSU Research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluextatic View Post
I just bought a HSU VTF-3 MK3 Sub, because I loved their websight and from everything that I have read, they can't be beat at their price range. I debated between the HSU and the Elemental A5-350, and chose the HSU because I did not want to wait four weeks to get my new sub. (They were priced very close to each other) After I get it connected and listen for a while. I may come back and give my opinion. I replaced a little 12 inch Infinity ( 14X14X14) with a 150 watt amplifier. This new HSU one has a 350 watt RMS BASH amp and measures ( 21Hx17Wx25D) ( It's a monster sub), so it should really rock for music and movies.

I also purchased the HSU VTF-3 sub with the turbo upgrade and I can't imagine why anyone would need more than one of these babies in normal sized residential room. I have my VTF-3 behind a large couch in my home theater room and it's only at ~1/3 full volume level and it reverberates/rocks the entire listening area during deep bass sequences/scenes :-). I am very happy with my VTF-3 and I have no plans to replace it.

Here's a picture of the HSU VTF-3 w/ Turbo Upgrade:
cujo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #26

Thumbs up Re: What about HSU Research?

I bought an Hsu sub years ago and loved it ... used it for years until I upgraded my whole system to B&W Matrix 803s, 805s and the big ASW sub. If price is an issue, you can't beat Hsu IMHO. And I sold it on Audiogon and reaped most of my original investment - all around a great experience.
Celt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009   #27

Default Re: What about HSU Research?

I was quite happy with my Hsu - it was priced right, had amazing bass, and when I resold it - it held its value well. I replaced it with the big monster from B&W - the ASW850 to match all my other speakers and amps (Classe).
Celt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, audio, comparison, hsu, jl, mk3, musical, paradigm, price, research, review, subwoofer, uls, uls15, vtf3