Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Subwoofers How low can you go? Discuss everything from setup to placement to EQ and beyond.

Old 04-23-2008   #13

Default Re: What about HSU Research?

Kennyt: you think the 350W Hsu would be OK with the Bose?

rpliii: you want to ditch the Bose.

My quandry is many-fold. I have two sets of the Bose, one is in a room with no equipment hooked up, and my living room/listening room configuration seems just made for the little boogers. As you can see from the attached picture, the wires run from the stand behind the TV. The left speaker then goes up into the attic, and down to the mount just to the left of where the picture ends. Very clean, very neat, and IMPOSSIBLE to change.

WAF (wife acceptance factor) is very keen on the size of the speakers. The sound is good to me, and my friends. Sure think a maple sub would look good there!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C07C230150 - Mitsubishi 73 inch DLP.JPG (57.6 KB, 21 views)
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
Kennyt: you think the 350W Hsu would be OK with the Bose?

rpliii: you want to ditch the Bose.

My quandry is many-fold. I have two sets of the Bose, one is in a room with no equipment hooked up, and my living room/listening room configuration seems just made for the little boogers. As you can see from the attached picture, the wires run from the stand behind the TV. The left speaker then goes up into the attic, and down to the mount just to the left of where the picture ends. Very clean, very neat, and IMPOSSIBLE to change.

WAF (wife acceptance factor) is very keen on the size of the speakers. The sound is good to me, and my friends. Sure think a maple sub would look good there!!!
There are bookshelf speakers slightly larger that could replace the "little boogers."
But, if you insist on keeping them, the smaller sub would probably blend better with them sonically and visually.

Also, after seeing your latest picture showing the TV placement, I would get some curtains for that window or maybe grow the plant taller. I bet even with the blinds closed you get some horrible glare, especially on a screen that size.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #15

That shot was taken with the blinds open, they do close. I don't notice glare with the TV. (Just a little fan hum, though)

So, you think the 350W would do (not the -HO model), but would repace the Bose with ??? (But you gotta admit that the way they mount to the wall is pretty nice!)
Old 04-24-2008   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pws442 View Post
That shot was taken with the blinds open, they do close. I don't notice glare with the TV. (Just a little fan hum, though)

So, you think the 350W would do (not the -HO model), but would repace the Bose with ??? (But you gotta admit that the way they mount to the wall is pretty nice!)
I personally like in-walls before bolting a speaker to the wall.
In-walls, to me, blend better, and they can usually be painted whatever your wall/ceiling color is to be aesthetically more pleasing and hidden since you are considering WAF.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #17

That particular speaker (the right one) is against a wall with only furring strips between the wallboard and the block. And I am pretty good at spackling when things move! I used to have a small ledge for the mini-stands they come with, but ended up removing them, spackling and painting, and using these much more tasteful brackets! (I do have in-walls for the surrounds, as they could go into interior walls.)
Old 04-27-2008   #18

Get a new wife, they are a dime a dozen, and rock out. I am joking.
eltabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, audio, comparison, hsu, jl, mk3, musical, paradigm, price, research, review, subwoofer, uls, uls15, vtf3