Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 11-11-2007   #13

Default Re: Anyone using a USB DAC...

John Stronczer and his ad agency will be happy to see we are getting traffic because of them!!

Note: our forum is 4 months old. Populating it has been laborious to say the least but it has REALLY paid some nice dividends. We looked at buying other forums and they either didn't want to sell or wanted SILLY prices or wouldn't show us their books. With that said - we set out on our own to build AVRevForum.com which in 4 months has gone from a Google Page Rank 0 to a PR5. Note: the AVS is now a PR5.

Colliano is known for black truffles. I prefer white truffles but wouldn't exactly spit out black ones. Ironically, I do NOT like the taste of mushrooms. Too strong on the back-end for me.

Welcome to our forum and enjoy the NFF (no fighting forum). I am working hard to secure more and more all-star moderators to grow our scope in 2008.
Old 11-11-2007   #14

I know AVS, but there is too much ambient noise and overly focused on video and computer (used it for the latter as i'm building a HTPC).
For audiophile talk I prefer the british AVForums (.com) and here.
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #15

Re: Bel Canto Mods:

Note that any modifications certainly will change the product but as to improvement to the sound this is in the ear of the beholder. You can read an outside opinion about REF1000 mods from John Potis at 6moons.com who concluded that it made the amp different but not necessarily better. Any Dac3 mods may be more suspect as the design is carefully wrung out and implemented by Bel Canto and more expensive opamps are not necessarily better opamps in a given application.

On the USB audio front note that we view this as the future of high performance audio, especially when anybody can by an iMac and turn it into a beautiful music server with great ease and a Dac3 or S300iu...
Jstronczer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstronczer View Post
Re: Bel Canto Mods:

Note that any modifications certainly will change the product but as to improvement to the sound this is in the ear of the beholder. You can read an outside opinion about REF1000 mods from John Potis at 6moons.com who concluded that it made the amp different but not necessarily better. Any Dac3 mods may be more suspect as the design is carefully wrung out and implemented by Bel Canto and more expensive opamps are not necessarily better opamps in a given application.

On the USB audio front note that we view this as the future of high performance audio, especially when anybody can by an iMac and turn it into a beautiful music server with great ease and a Dac3 or S300iu...
Hi John.

Thanks for your advice about the cables in email.

I feel about computer audio the same as you do. I'm building my own HTPC, I won't use a prebuilt mac or pc. More flexibility and i think better sound quality with vista and asio drivers.
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #17

I have to agree, I am starting to believe hard media is dying in general.

Downloads have taken off at an alarming rate, now the only issue I have is sound quality. When I can download media in identical form to the hard media, I will.

HD space is cheap and growing cheaper every day (I just added a 1TB internal SATA drive to my MacPro for $229) and soon will be negligible, so why should I have walls full of CD cases (I have already gotten rid of these, all my discs are in huge books without the jewel cases) but when I can keep thousands on a single drive? That is even easier and more convenient. Forget about the simplicity of accessing all my music and movies!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #18

Default xanax

Loving a post can be like giving an optimistic vote for change, I will like any post I like, but no likes could be wasted from me if I give a good one for your website. I say to you right now, this has a great like from me.
ROTATILKSNOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
09, 51, advantage, amp, amplifier, audio, dac, hdmi, headfi, laptop, music, outlaw, receiver, stereo, usb