Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 11-15-2007   #49

Default Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

I am amazed at the capabilities of the PS3, but i doubt I'd ever use it for SACD, it's audio from DVD and Blu-ray is pretty weak and I have three other stand alone SACD players.

It's good to know about though, I suspect Sony will drop SACD soon and switch over to more discs like the Sony/BMG Blu-rays for high end audio.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #50

I think though they should keep supporting the format. Just like they did for a while with Beta. I still have my SL-HF900 Super beta Hi-Fi player/recorder. With classic beta tapes of NBA All Star games, and some early movies.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #51

What a stupid question. Yes, DVD-Audio has had it, but there are over 4000 SACD releases worldwide and more coming every day from European labels! Does that sound DOOMED??
Why in God's name do so many uninformed audiophiles talk about the failure of SACD??
AUDIOPHILE AUDITION reviews more of them than anyone: www.audaud.com

***Couldn't find your current Poll on What Audio Format for Hi-Def DVDs (newsletter link didn't work), but that's easy = Uncompressed 5.1 PCM - there's plenty of room - no need for Dolby or DTS anymore!
henry33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #52

^^^^
Well, not exactly a stupid question, but I agree that SACD seems to be doing much better than DVD-A, judging by the emails that I get regarding new issues. Luckily, I am a dinosaur, and the DVD-As I put into my Acura TL don't require me to be current.

I do wonder just how many automobiles have DVD-A players vs SACD players. There are 3 models from Acura. Anything else out there? It is a real nice place to listen to 5.1 sound!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #53

Thumbs down Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

with respect, whether or not an Acura plays DVD-A or not is totally irrelevant. Tell me how many HD/BD players will play either your 4000 SACD's or 200 (whatever the real number is) DVD-A's. That the big corps even think to put HD players out there that cater for neither 'dead' format should give more of a clue than what Honda/Acura do.
ncpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #54

Wink Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

^^^^
Au contraire. It is totally relevant. If more automakers would put as good a sound system in their cars as Honda did in y Acura, more would discover and enjoy the format. The sampler explained the process, and hooked me.

Also, during its just less than 30 day audition, my LG-BH100 played the 30 DVD-As I have just fine!
pws442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
abandoned, acura, audio, bluray, doomed, dvdaudio, formats, labels, make, player, sacd, sense, supports, universal, video