Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 12-05-2007   #67

Default Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Do we all really need 3 to 4 machines in our racks that have an eject button?

I run four in the one system, two in the other but there is always room for more!

I heard Lipinski is working with Sony to utilize Blu-ray for MC audio. If this pans out, it should be capable of even better sound than DVD-A or SACD.... Hopefully, and it's a big 'IF'.
Speaking of "universals" and playback units, lately I`ve been reading very good reviews on Simaudio Moon Orbiter for $6000.00. At HE2007, nothing really good seemed to be happening in the Moon room, so I left and went elsewhere. How would you rate keenyt, the Simaudio against our favorite, the Esoteric?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #68

Thumbs up Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

David DelGrosso,

Got some good news for you. Our boy Stanley Clarke has a new release. Entitled "The Toys of Men" Its on Telarc`s HeadsUp Jazz label. And you know just about all of Telarcs cds are sacd hybrids. The best thing, is the music is great. Almost a throw back to the old days with the arrangements and stuff.

You can sample some of the tunes if you wish, just go to headsup.com. But if you like Stanley, this is a must have!!
Old 01-02-2008   #69

For me SACD playback is the only reason to buy a cd-player. For the plain redbook, digital playback from hd/memory is the present and the future.

Now, back on SACD, anybody listened to an Esoteric X-03? Plain or modded.
I'm seriously considering it.
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #70

I keep and Esoteric DVB-50s in my main rig, great unit, amazing build quality!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #71

Getting back to the thread, I was a SONY beta hi-fi guy. Quality first, convenience second. I bought the betamax more for recording, than renting movies. But what I can say, is that after VHS took over here in the east, SONY still remained loyal for a good while, and made units, blank tapes and accessories.
For those of us that invested in a universal player, sacd`s, dvd-a`s, and heaven forbid, a separate sacd player and separate dvd-a player, hopefully people like Mobile Fidelity, AIX, Telarc, etc. will continue to make music we can buy and enjoy. Like you said kenny, your not looking to give up your Esoteric!!!
Old 07-26-2010   #72

Lightbulb Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

As long as people make SACD and DVD -A, people will buy them, honestly , too many people do not care, they listen to garbage on their ipods, that is worse than a cassette. I think somehow, Blu ray will make a replacement for DVD audio. It seems that hybrid SACDs are the most popular, because they make the most sense, you can play them on anything.
Fishman pickupsl
"John 3:16"
guit30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
abandoned, acura, audio, bluray, doomed, dvdaudio, formats, labels, make, player, sacd, sense, supports, universal, video