Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 09-02-2007   #1

Default New Burmeister CD player

Coming in @ only $39,995 and weighing almost 200 pounds, Burmeister has announced a CD player....

I didn't know you could get that kind of density into a CD player! I hope it's showing somewhere soon, I'd love to see it, though even I could never see spending that kind of coin on a source.

...well maybe if the powerball ever comes through....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #2

Default Re: New Burmeister CD player

Yawn.

Could you waste your money more?
Old 09-21-2007   #3

Yes,

I could!

I almost ordered a SimAudio Moon Orbiter Universal player as Music Direct is dumping them for $2,499 (retail was $7,200) I llike the Sim house sound and always adored the look of their gear, but then I had a moment of sanity and realized I alredy have (almost) too many sources so I didn't. It would have looked cool if I could find a place for it though!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #4

Wink Re: New Burmeister CD player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yes,

I could!

I almost ordered a SimAudio Moon Orbiter Universal player as Music Direct is dumping them for $2,499 (retail was $7,200) I llike the Sim house sound and always adored the look of their gear, but then I had a moment of sanity and realized I alredy have (almost) too many sources so I didn't. It would have looked cool if I could find a place for it though!
LOL, yes sir, Mr. Source at it again. I did stop in briefly at Moons room at HE2007. As, I have never heard any of their sources or amplification. But, the room, or maybe their people seemed dead. You know how you go in some rooms, and it feels like the life has just been sucked out!!

By their gear, always looked cool to me to. Hey kenny, go for it. I know you now, you`ll make room!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #5

Trade shows are tough.

Days and days on your feet answering the same questions over and over.Dealers BLOWING sunshine up your ass. With HE07 - consumers can do the same. At some point you get like "just show me the money" but you MUST take the Sting approach to a performance at a trade show. Sting is famous for saying "I try to play Roxanne as if it is my favorite song - every night" It easier said than done but you are ONLY as good as your last presentation.

Personally, I don't EVER do the last day of a show. Sunday at CEDIA - I am back in LA. The last day of CES - forget it - I am HOME. It just gets desperate and I don't want to be part of that. Get some good leads. Pimp some killer gear and go HOME...
Old 10-27-2007   #6

Sounds like the right approach.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, burmaster, burmeister, burmeistercd, burmiester, cd, electronics, home, moon, orbiter, player, reviews, sim, sound, speakers, stereo, system