Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Source Components (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components-6/)
-   -   New Burmeister CD player (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components/615-new-burmeister-cd-player.html)

kennyt 09-02-2007 08:50 AM

New Burmeister CD player

Coming in @ only $39,995 and weighing almost 200 pounds, Burmeister has announced a CD player....

I didn't know you could get that kind of density into a CD player! I hope it's showing somewhere soon, I'd love to see it, though even I could never see spending that kind of coin on a source.

...well maybe if the powerball ever comes through....

JerryDelColliano 09-20-2007 10:09 PM

Re: New Burmeister CD player

Yawn.

Could you waste your money more?

kennyt 09-21-2007 02:46 AM

Yes,

I could!

I almost ordered a SimAudio Moon Orbiter Universal player as Music Direct is dumping them for $2,499 (retail was $7,200) I llike the Sim house sound and always adored the look of their gear, but then I had a moment of sanity and realized I alredy have (almost) too many sources so I didn't. It would have looked cool if I could find a place for it though!

deacongreg 10-27-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 3341)
Yes,

I could!

I almost ordered a SimAudio Moon Orbiter Universal player as Music Direct is dumping them for $2,499 (retail was $7,200) I llike the Sim house sound and always adored the look of their gear, but then I had a moment of sanity and realized I alredy have (almost) too many sources so I didn't. It would have looked cool if I could find a place for it though!

LOL, yes sir, Mr. Source at it again. I did stop in briefly at Moons room at HE2007. As, I have never heard any of their sources or amplification. But, the room, or maybe their people seemed dead. You know how you go in some rooms, and it feels like the life has just been sucked out!!

By their gear, always looked cool to me to. Hey kenny, go for it. I know you now, you`ll make room!!

JerryDelColliano 10-27-2007 11:47 AM

Trade shows are tough.

Days and days on your feet answering the same questions over and over.Dealers BLOWING sunshine up your ass. With HE07 - consumers can do the same. At some point you get like "just show me the money" but you MUST take the Sting approach to a performance at a trade show. Sting is famous for saying "I try to play Roxanne as if it is my favorite song - every night" It easier said than done but you are ONLY as good as your last presentation.

Personally, I don't EVER do the last day of a show. Sunday at CEDIA - I am back in LA. The last day of CES - forget it - I am HOME. It just gets desperate and I don't want to be part of that. Get some good leads. Pimp some killer gear and go HOME...

deacongreg 10-27-2007 12:20 PM

Sounds like the right approach.