Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 08-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Halcro Launches EC800 Disc Player

Halcro recently announced the availability the EC800 disc player. The latest addition to the range of Halcro Logic products, the EC800 offers a host of features including HDMI, Video up-scaling, RS232 control, Ethernet connectivity and a multitude of audio and video formats. MSRP in the US is $3990.00.

“From day-one, our mission has always been aimed at developing and manufacturing the finest high-quality audio and video products available,” says Halcro President Joe Bayer. “The EC800 is without a doubt the best sounding home theater disc player to hit the market - period. It’s perfectly suited for the two-channel music enthusiast and for multi-channel home theatre applications.”

Audio playback modes include; SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3-CD, MP3-DVD and WMA-CD. Surround sound formats include DTS, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Pro Logic II, and Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound.

Video playback media includes; CD-R, CD-W, DVD, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-VIDEO, MP-3 CD, Picture CD, JPEG, SVCD, Video D, and Video CD/SVCD.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #2

Default Re: Halcro Launches EC800 Disc Player

I'd say they're a little late to the party. Unless it does HD/BR - why bother??
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #3

Default Re: Halcro Launches EC800 Disc Player

Audiopphile companies ALWAYS push old formats. I don't know why. Perhaps it is money or access to the new format platforms but for the longest time (and perhaps even today) audiophiles try to eek the best they can from CD. I guess that is where most of the music is but MAN other formats have such advantages.
Old 09-06-2007   #4

Thumbs up Re: Halcro Launches EC800 Disc Player

Yes Jerry, I agree. I just read a review (I can not remember who!) somone came out with a no holds barred CD player. If you can believe that.
But, Silver Supra, if you got to the Blu - Ray thread, it looks (looks!) like our prayers may have been answered, with the new Samsung HD DVD/ Blu - Ray player.
But, I`ll wait until either Andrew or Jerry gets theirs hands on it for a full review.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
800, audio, cd, center, disc, dvd, ec, ec800, halcro, media, player, president, reviews, sacd, silver