Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 11-28-2009   #1

Default Bose AV28 - How to use the digital audio in (toslink)?

I have a Bose AV28 (first series lifestyle 28 system, pre-HDMI). It has a single Toslink input, but I don't understand how to use it? All the regular inputs (TV, Aux, etc) are linked up on the back of the unit. Then, this one optical toslink input is just sitting there on its own.

What "source" on the Bose front panel is this digital input set to? I am trying to take an digital (toslink) signal from my computer's audio card direct into the Bose digital input. But I'm just trying to understand how I "set" the Bose to play what's coming into that digital jack. The Bose documentation doesn't discuss how to use this input jack.

Thanks...
scottely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #2

Default Re: Bose AV28 - How to use the digital audio in (toslink)?

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more.
jack_clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011   #3
Administrator

There is probably a selection in the menu to assign the optical to one of the video inputs.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #4

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more.
jade30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av28, bose, cable, center, digital, hdmi, ii, input, lifestyle, media, optical, serie, subwoofer, tv