Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Source Components (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components-6/)
-   -   Bose Lifestyle 28 (Series 1) :( (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components/4159-bose-lifestyle-28-series-1-a.html)

cprescott 10-16-2009 01:44 PM

Bose Lifestyle 28 (Series 1) :(

Hello all. Forum newbie (please go easy on me).

I have a Bose Series 1 Lifestyle 28 home theater system. Ugh, I know. Why? Guess I watch the stupid demo and actually liked being tricked. Anyway, I've always liked the sound of them and the fact that they take up hardly any space at all. So I was recently given a Sony Blue-Ray player and an Denon AVR-1609 Receiver. I would like to use this new Receiver/Player with my current Bose speaker system because I do not have the money to spend on another set of speakers.

Is it possible to use this speaker setup with another receiver? Unfortunately, the connector that goes from the Lifestyle system has a small, round 9-pin (I think) connector on the receiver end, and an Ethernet Cat-5 type of connector goes into the Acoustimass module. Does anyone know of another connector that I could plug into the Bose module that I could connect to the receiver, or am I able to clip the receiver end off and feed the wires into the receiver? The whole wire itself isn't very thick, so I'm thinking that might not be a good idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rbinck 10-16-2009 03:48 PM

Re: Bose Lifestyle 28 (Series 1) :(

You may be able to go inside the bass module and bypass the amplifier for the woofer or find the place where you can feed a signal to the woofer amplifier. Seems like there is a Bass level control on that Acoustimass unit and you could feed it there if you were electronically inclined. The cubes can be hooked up directly to another receiver.

cprescott 10-16-2009 03:59 PM

OK. Sounds like maybe I can clip the end off the 9-pin and find the sub wire and then clip all the ends off the speakers (they use an RCA connector to connect into the Acoustimass module. I might try that this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

nellymiha05 12-20-2009 08:15 PM

Just got Bose Lifestyle 28 series II and i can't establish video signal from my DVD, i can only hear sound,but no pictures,so i don't know what the problem is. I hooked up all cords how they supposed to,but no luck. Any ideas ?
Thank you

rbinck 12-21-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nellymiha05 (Post 23463)
Just got Bose Lifestyle 28 series II and i can't establish video signal from my DVD, i can only hear sound,but no pictures,so i don't know what the problem is. I hooked up all cords how they supposed to,but no luck. Any ideas ?
Thank you

I know you said you hooked up all cords, but be more specific. Component? Composite? S-video? And did you switch the display to the input you hooked the Bose to? What input did you use?

Daniel-a 12-21-2009 11:47 AM

Try to sell your bose ( on ebay you could get lucky) not on audiogon ( people know better).

With the money, find some inexpensive speaker. I.m sure you could easoly find something better than bose for not much.