Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 12-15-2009   #7

Default Re: home stereo audio system, advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhelpindeed View Post
So I got the Energy C-200 speakers (audioadvisor.com) and the TEAC cr-h227i receiver/cd player (electronicsexpo.com). I have them connected with monster xp cable

Label: NW . Compact Precision Stranded High Resolution Speaker Cable with Magnetic Flux Tube and LPE Dielectric
- I’m not sure what gauge they are though, the diameter of the copper is about 2mm, so the SA is 3.14 mm2

Should I get better cable?

Also, I would like to know which connection method you recommend. I was thinking banaplugs adapters to easily plug them in the back of the receiver and speakers. At the moment they are hooked up with bare wire. The connectors on both the receiver and the speakers are 5 way binding post.

Also, do you both with bi-amplification or bi-wire? My speakers can do that although my receiver has only two channels each with 1 positive and 1 negative output.
You'd need another amp to bi-amp - the speakers should have jumpers for single amp mode. Banana plugs are merely a convenience factor if you plan on plugging and unplugging a lot (why?) then go with them. They *are* a lot easier to plug in the back of the receiver but with a stereo amp you only have four connections - it's not like you're wiring a 7.1 system ...

And the speaker wire you have is fine (actually a bit of snakeoil overkill - IMHO) stick with what you have.

Tags
advice, audio, cd, end, forum, high, home, info, player, players, shelf, source, stereo, system, systems, video