Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Source Components (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components-6/)
-   -   Absolute best source? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/source-components/368-absolute-best-source.html)

kennyt 08-02-2007 08:12 AM

Absolute best source?

What doi you think is the absolute best CD player made right now?

My list has a few;

EMM Labs CDSD se/DAC6e se (CD/ MC SACD)
Reimyo CDP777 (CD only)
Nagra CDP (CD only)
Audio Aero Capitole (CD only)
Meridian 808

JerryDelColliano 08-03-2007 10:47 AM

Re: Absolute best source?

The meridian is bad ass - no question about that.

My pick has been disconintued - The Linn CD12. I heard that at Southard's place and it BLEW MY MIND. I would MUCH rather have one of those than an LP12 (that's because I sold my vinyl to my friend at Linn!!!)

kennyt 08-03-2007 11:54 AM

I forgot the CD-12, a true icon of audio.

I would love to be able to sit down, anywhere, and compare all these players.

deacongreg 08-03-2007 04:35 PM

Jerry and kennyt,

Yes, I `ve always wanted to hear the Linn CD12. Everybody, I mean every high end mag raved about this player being the one all others should be judged, despite I believe if memory serves, $20, 000 price tag.

But, after I read the review in avrev.com about the Meridian, I believe 598, I also wanted to hear that player too.

kennyt 08-03-2007 05:00 PM

I use the G98, the newer version of the 598 and it is an amazing machine, especially ran through Meridian's proprietary digital feed to my 861v4.

I always drooled over the CD12, single, small box that could do so much so well.... I heard the Nagra @ HE2007 and it sounded incredible, drawer was noisy but I suspect that was a problem with the show sample. For SACD I love the EMM Labs gear, does great on redbook as well....

I suppose at this level, all are good, it's just what sound you like best. Now, how to put them all together for an extensive A-B.....

deacongreg 08-03-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 1597)
I use the G98, the newer version of the 598 and it is an amazing machine, especially ran through Meridian's proprietary digital feed to my 861v4.

I always drooled over the CD12, single, small box that could do so much so well.... I heard the Nagra @ HE2007 and it sounded incredible, drawer was noisy but I suspect that was a problem with the show sample. For SACD I love the EMM Labs gear, does great on redbook as well....

I suppose at this level, all are good, it's just what sound you like best. Now, how to put them all together for an extensive A-B.....

Now you are talking Dr. Ken, that we be the ultimate for me. All these players, in one room for us to demo. We need to get that one done. I`m not familiar with the EMM Labs gear. And unfortunately, never had an opportunity to hear the Nagra gear. I missed it at HE2007.

Jerry, are you listening - to get all this gear together in one place............