Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 08-08-2007   #13
jbk

Default Re: Absolute best source?

The best I've heard is the dcs Purcells.

The system was the LAMM Ref Pre Amp
LAMM 90 watt mono blocks
WIlson Puppy 7's
Siltech cables

Pretty impressive.
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #14

About 6 weeks ago I was able to hear the Esoteric P01/D01/G-0Rb transport/DAC/master clock setup when their US factory rep was doing a seminar at a local shop and I have to say it was the most stunning source I have ever heard. Even when the units had not been fully broken in (about 100 hours of use) or warmed up (only cleared customs 12 hours before).
tlqualman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #15

Love the Esoteric gear, I still keep a DV-50s as my reference SACD player. I have heard some of the top of the line gear, but it was with their speakers which I didn't like, I would love to hear it in my system.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Love the Esoteric gear, I still keep a DV-50s as my reference SACD player. I have heard some of the top of the line gear, but it was with their speakers which I didn't like, I would love to hear it in my system.
kennyt, did you hear the DV - 50 at HE2007? Very clean and open sound. However, the speakers they were using were, okay. I can`t remember what they were. it was a tight and small room.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #17

I see some of the others here like the DCS units, the store I saw the Esoteric units at carried both and I do think the Esoteric sounded better. As for the rest of the setup on display, the Esoteric D01's were fed straight into a pair of Sierria Audio amps and a pair of Montana XPS signature series speakers. I myself am saving for the DV50s or 60 sitting on the shelf and wispering my name every time I walk past.
tlqualman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #18

Smile Re: Absolute best source?

I auditioned several CD players a few years ago and I settled on the TEAC Esoteric DV-50. Not only does it play all the Hi-Res formats, it does them with aplomb. I feel it's still the best.
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
861v6, absolute, attachment, cdp, components, d01, dv50, esoteric, esoterics, g0rb, hdmi, meridian, nagra, sound, source, upgrade