Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 06-26-2009   #19

Default Re: I just got the new Mark Levinson 512

I am not at all surprised to hear about your litany of problems.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Levinson, Revel & Proceed ownership experiences when the Madrigal Group was in charge,. After Harmon took over, I purchased an MC-12B due to persisting problems with my AVP2+. I was continually promised that operating problems that plagued both the AVP and PMDT would be resolved. While the AVP was eventually made operable, they simply walked away from the failed PMDT with abolutely no path to anything.

I considered additional Levinson products, but after being abandoned following promises to make things right, I have zero confidence in HSG's business ehtics and integrity.

I will not further darken HSG's door.

Classé, Meridian and other high end companies are much better alternatives.

Last edited by ChiefTK; 06-26-2009 at 04:17 PM..
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #20

You are right. They eventually replaced my PMDT with the Lexicon RT 10. but only after years of arguing

A friend of mine went to work for HK last year when they set up right near my house.he absolutely convinced me that things would be much better and that he knew the people who would be taking care of these products. Within months, but after they got my money, they close down their New York facilities and fired my friend and everyone else. They moved to Indiana which was probably their fourth move in five years.
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
YThey eventually replaced my PMDT with the Lexicon RT 10. but only after years of arguing.
In spite of the fact you had to argue for a lengthy period of time, you certainly made out better than I did. I would have considered the RT 10 to have been a reasonable resolution.

The whole sordid experience resulted in my dealer refusing to continue with HSG. They spent endless hours trying to resolve Proceed performance problems for several customers and finally sold alternative new product to people like me at their dealer cost.

I was not really surprised as I suspected this was going to happen when HSG acquired Madrigal.
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
433, 512, cd, forum, levinson, mark, marklevinson, marklevinson512, ml, musical, no, pc, player, price, speakers