Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 06-30-2008   #1
wes

Thumbs up MULTICHANNEL SACD PLAYER HELP!

I am in the market to replace my Sony XA-777ES player for a new one with HDMi SACD multichannel capabilities.

I looked at Marantz but they are stereos!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #2

Default Re: MULTICHANNEL SACD PLAYER HELP!

The Marantzs are very good units, but you are right about them. If you can go for it, I know it would be one of the esoteric players. I feel they are the best available.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #3

I and Jim Swantko are both very happy with out Esoteric DV-50s, they won't do SACD over HDMI though.

Wes,

Why do you want to have it run over HDMI??? You will of course be bypassing any D/A conversion in the player this way, and therefore only need a transport, does the Sony not output HDMI? If you really want to do this, you could even buy an Oppo for $200 and do it, buying a good to great SACD player and using the HDMI output is counterproductive unless you are feeding something sick like the ML 502......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #4
wes

Cool Re: MULTICHANNEL SACD PLAYER HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Wes, Why do you want to have it run over HDMI??? You will of course be bypassing any D/A conversion in the player this way, and therefore only need a transport, does the Sony not output HDMI? If you really want to do this, you could even buy an Oppo for $200 and do it, buying a good to great SACD player and using the HDMI output is counterproductive unless you are feeding something sick like the ML 502......
I want to be "bypassing any D/A conversion in the player" and use only one cable instead of six? So what you are saying is that if I let the processor do the D/A decoding the Oppo would be sufficient? Which model does DSD decoding!
Old 07-01-2008   #5

Wes,

I forget what pre/pro you have, but if it accepts SACD via HDMI, than any SACD player that outputs over HDMI will let your processor do the work, yes, their are differences in transports, but if you NEED HDMi for MC Audio as you say need the pre/pro to do room correction and bass management, then a reasonable transport is OK. The Denon universal players will all do this I believe, and you can pick up 2910/3910's all day long on Audiogon for less than $200/$400.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #6
wes

Cool Re: MULTICHANNEL SACD PLAYER HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Wes, I forget what pre/pro you have, but if it accepts SACD via HDMI, than any SACD player that outputs over HDMI will let your processor do the work, yes, their are differences in transports, but if you NEED HDMi for MC Audio as you say need the pre/pro to do room correction and bass management, then a reasonable transport is OK. The Denon universal players will all do this I believe, and you can pick up 2910/3910's all day long on Audiogon for less than $200/$400.
I am looking to get the Classé SSP-800
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, 981, channel, dsd, hd, hdmi, multi, multichannel, oppo, output, player, players, sacd, sdacd, transport