Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 05-22-2008   #7

Default Re: System Advice, Please? Never Thought I'd Ask For Easy Listening, But

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlyD View Post
It seems you've justified the cost of the 4308CI as it's closer to what you really want. Be careful about applying that same reasoning when choosing speakers. The price for good floorstanders can skyrocket with increasing quality. Keep us in touch with your quest.
Charly is right on this one....

What the hell, go for the Def Tech Mythos ST's for $4K/pair, they are a true full range floor stander and will easily fill you room with good quality sound from the 4308, yep, you doubled your initial plan, but you won't regret it, and further on down the road, you can add onto the system to whatever you so desire......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #8

Smile Re: System Advice, Please? Never Thought I'd Ask For Easy Listening, But

Hello, all! I'm back with an update, and have moved on to the Speaker forum for now. Just wanted to stop by and thank ya'll for your kind advice!

Kristen
Dr. Bernice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #9

Default Re: System Advice, Please? Never Thought I'd Ask For Easy Listening, But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bernice View Post
Hello, all! I'm back with an update, and have moved on to the Speaker forum for now. Just wanted to stop by and thank ya'll for your kind advice!

Kristen

So what did you end up getting? What speakers are you looking at?
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
4808ci, airport, amp, apple, athena, buy, cd, classic, denon, dlna, extreme, ls500, music, nht, olive, onkyo, player, recognized, server, symphony, txnr905, wifi