Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 02-26-2008   #49

Default Re: Are servers the new media?

Good, glad I stopped someone from doing it twice (as I did!)
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #50

I can just see everyone daisy-chaining terabyte hard drives around the house to hold their movies and music. I'm sure it will happen eventually for those that aren't as well-heeled as some other people--when the prices of massive storage continues to fall.

It certainly is reasonable right now for audio in lossless form. But a large movie collection takes up a humongous amount megabytes, or should I say terabytes :-)

It will be useful for movies when all the content on Blu Ray format 2.0 or later. But I wonder how many megabytes a 2 hour 1080p movie with all the bells and whistles and interactivity will take?

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #51

I think it will happen sooner than you think.

look at how fast memory storage has dropped, I just bought a 1TB internal drive @ BB for $229, this drive didn't even exist six months ago, and a year ago 1TB external storage was about $1,000. This will only continue to drop as time goes by and newer technologies arise.

In 1997 when I bought a computer, it came with an 8GB drive (for ~$300 up charge) Now that same drive isn't even available as a drive, it's an SD memory card and costs less!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #52

Kenny T-

I hope you're right. From your lips to Godzilla :-)

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #53

Check out this article everyone!

http://filmmakerslife.blogspot.com/2...dvds-sell.html
1shotstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I think it will happen sooner than you think.

look at how fast memory storage has dropped, I just bought a 1TB internal drive @ BB for $229, this drive didn't even exist six months ago, and a year ago 1TB external storage was about $1,000. This will only continue to drop as time goes by and newer technologies arise.

In 1997 when I bought a computer, it came with an 8GB drive (for ~$300 up charge) Now that same drive isn't even available as a drive, it's an SD memory card and costs less!
Well, kenny I can only say that when I`m ready, I`ll have to consult you. I just do not trust computers that much!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
automation, control4, costs, disc, faber, forum, guarneri, hardware, house, loading, media, momento, new, ripping, sacd, server, sonus