Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Source Components

Source Components Discuss topics about any kind of audio player. CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Blu-ray, HD DVD and beyond.

Old 02-29-2008   #61

Default Re: Are servers the new media?

Kaleidescape is a really good server, I LOVE the Speedreader! Wish I had one for my home, it is so flippin' painful to load each disc in every few minutes....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #62

The more I think of servers the less interested I am in buying a high end source, this coming from a guy who loves all his many sources....

I just can't bring myself to drop the five figures the super high end sources cost (think Nagra CDP, EMM Labs CDSD/DAC6e SE's, AMR 77, Reimyo CDP777 to name a few) when I can get a good USB DAC and have no jitter (thanks to the USB interface) and excellent and convenient sound.

Maybe I'm getting lazy, but I think I'm right!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #63

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/d...n-media-server

This is a link to an article about a new home media server from Alienware. It looks great, has a 5 TB Max Raid array, can hold 4 tuners including HD. Has 2 ethernet ports. Can accept cablecards. Looks like it has every inpu and output you could ask for.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #64

I'm still holding out for a very good Blue-Ray player with faster loading times. Has anyone heard of anything good comming out?

The sales people keep telling me that all the Blue-Ray players that are out now have very slow loading times and to wait it out till something better comes along.

Kennyt I don't think you are getting lazy but I think home theater is really going to change here in the next 5-10 years.
1shotstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
automation, control4, costs, disc, faber, forum, guarneri, hardware, house, loading, media, momento, new, ripping, sacd, server, sonus