Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 09-22-2007   #1

Default What gear do you like to LOOK at?

Forget sound quality... what gear makes you want to buy it simply as room jewelry?

Here are a few that I like to look at.

Ayre MX-R (wonderful to listen too as well)... simple and elegant - I just love them.

ANY Pass amplifier (Sound good to boot!)

How can you not like 33h's??

Everything MBL produces... (excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth)
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #2

Default Re: What gear do you like to LOOK at?

Yes - my Aerial bias is showing... but I never get tired of looking at the 20T

I'm a sucker for Wadia too

Sonus Faber Stradivari's and some Pass amplification? Me likey.

OK enough for now...
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #3

SS,

Lately I've been eying up turntables, there are some really sick ones from the Kuzma Stogi.Stabi that is so minimalistic it's just cool to the higher end Clearaudio gear, the VPI stuff looks great too... Now when I get to go hunt them down and listen to them all....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #4

I don't know about how the Wadia looks...

but they used to make the best sounding CD player I'd ever auditioned at any price.

For looks I really get a kick out of the Oracle Audio MK2500 CD Player. Someone will have to post a picture of it because to me it looks pretty sweet.

I also like the new Rega CD players in whow they look from the Apollo to the Saturn.

Avalon Acoustics makes some beautiful speakers.

VTL's huge amps are pretty to look at too.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #5

I have always loved the way McIntosh looks. A whole rack of mono amps from them, glowing warmly. Just great design that obviously goes back to those '70s blue dials.

Also, a brand that I heard once and loved but is pretty pricey is Accuphase. Again, I guess I must be into retro stuff as they also look like "throwback" units.

Others that look good to me - Meridian, Krell, Pass Labs, old Proceed, Dynaudio Confidence, Naim, Thiel.
clew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #6

I was thinking of this post today and realized I never posted about the Chord line of gear.

Chord is a british company and priced super high even before the dropping dollar, so I suspect I can't ever afford it but they make the coolest looking gear (and great sounding to boot!) I know of. They have this sort of mechanized aluminum finish to them, and then the Choral line makes the wikedest office system I've ever seen!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
amp, amps, audio, bangolsen, ebay, electron, furniture, gear, gears, hideous, hovland, luv, mcinosh, power, racks, sapphire