Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 09-21-2007   #1

Default What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

This could be a fun thread. It's a place to brag abot something cool you just bought. I just got Slingbox pro and it's AWESOME. Now I can watch my DVR on my laptop anywhere in my house or from my hotel room if Im travelling (no, im not a plant from slingbox, i just love it).

I ordered it from Amazon and I had read a bunch of good reviews at Cnet and other online blogs and stuff.
bryan562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #2

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

My most recent purchase was the Denon AVR3808CI receiver.
I had read several reviews about it on places like Cnet & Audioholics.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #3

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

Hmmm, the last thing I purchased online was my Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player that I got from SonyStyle. It's worked perfectly from day one.
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #4

Hmmm....

Sony BDP-S1, bought the day they came out and still in the reference rig, great player and pretty tolerant of HDCP issues.

Samsung BDP-1200, amazing video but causes me some HDCP problems so it's in the bedroom.

Toshiba HD-XA2 again bought the day it cam out and still the best scaling DVD player I have! Truly world class HD DVD player!

Harmony 890, Love the Harmony remotes and the RF relayer makes it work perfectly without line of sight.

I think I have had three boxes from Amazon this week, they have a deal that if you buy three high def discs (Blu-ray or HD DVD) at once then all your high def discs are 10% off, so every time I see a new one I want I buy them for what turns out to be ~$17 for Blu-rays amd $18-24 for HD DVD's. I got the wife NJational Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (a holiday classic in this house) and the uncut version of Badder Santa (another annual watch in the season!) the other day, a bunch of the concerts at Montrtreux (Alice Cooper, Yes, Deep Purple) Monty Python's Life of Brian.....

I ordered a bunch that aren't out yet like the Spiderman set and the Harry Potter collection as well!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #5

NuForce Ref9 V2 SE amps... read all the reviews then did the home audition for $1.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Hmmm....

Sony BDP-S1, bought the day they came out and still in the reference rig, great player and pretty tolerant of HDCP issues.

Toshiba HD-XA2 again bought the day it cam out and still the best scaling DVD player I have! Truly world class HD DVD player!
My Sony S300, like your S1, was purchased the day it came out. I also got my Toshiba XA2 the day it came out. Sometimes it's cool being one of the first.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
andrew, audiogon, av, back, cable, golden, helix, home, item, mapleshade, online, orb, ordered, review, reviews, robinson, speaker, theater, ultrathin