Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 11-09-2007   #37

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Lotus,

I met the two guys behind Kubala-Sosna a few years back, super nice guys and they have some solid science behind their cables, at least as far as they are willing to discuss. In the systems I've heard them in, they sounded great but I have never owned any to test in my own rig.
Sounds like you need to convince Andrew to let you review cables!

I figure they must be nice or Paul wouldn't have suggested them. I'll have to get around to it soon.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #38

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
I used Mapleshade's Golden Helix Speaker cable and their Ultrathin Analog Ribbon interconnects. They are AMAZING cables period. I'm placing an order today for more.

We don't review cable here at AVRev for a number of reasons but it's a good bet you'll be able to tell what we like by looking at our associated gear lists or checking out special mentions in the Setup parts of our reviews. The writers always seem to sneak in a plug for their personal favorites in regards to cables.

As for more reviews...I can neither confirm nor deny...=)

That's great that we can figure out their favorites, but I'd like to know what properties are associated with the cables. You should really rethink your take on reviewing cables.
Old 11-10-2007   #39

Lotus,

I think we have more than enough things to review with all the current changers in HT..

My latest purchases are a PS3 and new racks! I got the 80G PS3 as I had a coupon for Amazon for $100, so it was only $399 for the motorstorm edition. My racks are by Audiav and are being made soon, should have them within 4 weeks. These are truly some of the sickest racks I have ever seen with more high tech in them than you could imagine!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #40

Do you really think cables would make up one of our 60 reviews for a year? How would you decide? What price points would you pick?

Seems impossible
Old 11-10-2007   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Do you really think cables would make up one of our 60 reviews for a year? How would you decide? What price points would you pick?

Seems impossible

Jerry,

For one I'd break down reviews monthly to categories (you don't have to change your layout, just an internal system). I'd have TV, Projector, Source, Amp, Speaker, and Accessories. Wait that's 6 you say! Yeah it is. I'd move up to 72 reviews a year, but as a fan I'd say go all out for 96. There is more than enough gear out there.

Like you guys generally do I'd find some Cables that you think NEED the praise. You'd likely not be reviewing too many a year. Jump around the price points and review cables and interconnects at the same time. Write reviews of your favorites, then the "known," brands like Nordost, Kimber Kable, Transparent. Finally at least once a year find an obscure brand name to hype up like Andrew's Mapleshade brand or Acoustic Zen (another great aggressively priced cable).

Last edited by Lotus; 11-10-2007 at 10:37 AM..
Sponsored Links

Tags
andrew, audiogon, av, back, cable, golden, helix, home, item, mapleshade, online, orb, ordered, review, reviews, robinson, speaker, theater, ultrathin