Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 11-08-2007   #31

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

In the spirit of systems I have to chime in with a personal favorite of mine. I had and deeply miss my Decware SET two channel rig complete with Soliloquy monitor loudspeakers and Mapleshade cable. For about $1500 total (Audiogon is a wonderful thing) the combo was tough to beat even with all the nice toys currently residing in my rack. I think I might have to piece that system back together for my office. I wonder what's on Audiogon now. Maybe I'll forgo the Soliloquys for another budget fav of mine, the Paradigm Mini Monitors. Man do I love those speakers, esspecially with a NAD integrated amp and single disc CD player. With Mapleshade wire of course.

Now that I think about it, I think I might buy some more Mapleshade cable. It's thin enough to work perfectly with the Orb Audio speakers I'm reviewing. Good speakers for the money but damn are the binding posts tiny.

That's my two cents.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #32

Post Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
In the spirit of systems I have to chime in with a personal favorite of mine. I had and deeply miss my Decware SET two channel rig complete with Soliloquy monitor loudspeakers and Mapleshade cable. For about $1500 total (Audiogon is a wonderful thing) the combo was tough to beat even with all the nice toys currently residing in my rack. I think I might have to piece that system back together for my office. I wonder what's on Audiogon now. Maybe I'll forgo the Soliloquys for another budget fav of mine, the Paradigm Mini Monitors. Man do I love those speakers, esspecially with a NAD integrated amp and single disc CD player. With Mapleshade wire of course.

Now that I think about it, I think I might buy some more Mapleshade cable. It's thin enough to work perfectly with the Orb Audio speakers I'm reviewing. Good speakers for the money but damn are the binding posts tiny.

That's my two cents.
Did you use their Omega Micro cable?

I haven't heard much recently about Mapleshade. You guys should review more cables. Heck you should review more gear every month.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #33

Default Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Did you use their Omega Micro cable?

I haven't heard much recently about Mapleshade. You guys should review more cables. Heck you should review more gear every month.
Wait, you said the whole setup was $2k. Obviously you used their clear cables (name is on the tip of my tounge).

Speaking of cables... Kubala Sosna... I'd love to hear about them. Paul Rosenberg (ex Aragon guy) once told me to check them out... but I never got around to it.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #34

Lotus,

I met the two guys behind Kubala-Sosna a few years back, super nice guys and they have some solid science behind their cables, at least as far as they are willing to discuss. In the systems I've heard them in, they sounded great but I have never owned any to test in my own rig.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #35

I used Mapleshade's Golden Helix Speaker cable and their Ultrathin Analog Ribbon interconnects. They are AMAZING cables period. I'm placing an order today for more.

We don't review cable here at AVRev for a number of reasons but it's a good bet you'll be able to tell what we like by looking at our associated gear lists or checking out special mentions in the Setup parts of our reviews. The writers always seem to sneak in a plug for their personal favorites in regards to cables.

As for more reviews...I can neither confirm nor deny...=)

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com

Last edited by Robinson_A; 11-09-2007 at 06:58 AM..
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #36

Thumbs up Re: What is the last AV item you purchased online and where did you hear about it?

My last purchase was Sony SXRD 70" from Crutchfield. Also, PS3 from CC. Have no regrets on either.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
andrew, audiogon, av, back, cable, golden, helix, home, item, mapleshade, online, orb, ordered, review, reviews, robinson, speaker, theater, ultrathin