Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 08-14-2007   #1

Default My old plasma based system

This was my smaller, plasma based HD system in my old condo. This setup and system played a crucial role in my reviews as it was, more or less, a real world setup. No fancy room treatments, hard surfaces, high ceilings etc etc. Boy if you wanted to know just how good a receiver's EQ was you needed to bring it here. A lot of gear couldn't cut it while others sounded brilliant.

Pictured below is a Vizio 50 inch HD Plasma with a Denon 4806 receiver and 3910 universal player. The speakers are JBL Studio L Series, which I might add were shockingly good in this room.

In my new home I keep three systems, all with a different goal in mind ranging from super high end to budget. I'll be sharing those systems with you all shortly.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #2

Default Re: My old plasma based system

I like this system.

One thing I would change is the power cables need to be either replaced with white ones or painted so they didn't stick out.
Old 09-12-2007   #3

Default Re: My old plasma based system

I actually sank them into the wall just before moving. All that effort for nothing. That condo was really an R&D project for my new house, which is slow going but much better looking.

I can't say enough about Home Depot plastic cable channels or hollow base boards to hide cables on the cheap without having to cut holes in the wall.

Andrew

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
4806, denon, hd, jbl, plasma, plasmabased, series, setup, speakers, studio