Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (
-   Show us your System (
-   -   My old plasma based system (

Robinson_A 08-14-2007 05:31 PM

My old plasma based system
This was my smaller, plasma based HD system in my old condo. This setup and system played a crucial role in my reviews as it was, more or less, a real world setup. No fancy room treatments, hard surfaces, high ceilings etc etc. Boy if you wanted to know just how good a receiver's EQ was you needed to bring it here. A lot of gear couldn't cut it while others sounded brilliant.

Pictured below is a Vizio 50 inch HD Plasma with a Denon 4806 receiver and 3910 universal player. The speakers are JBL Studio L Series, which I might add were shockingly good in this room.

In my new home I keep three systems, all with a different goal in mind ranging from super high end to budget. I'll be sharing those systems with you all shortly.

JerryDelColliano 08-17-2007 08:51 AM

Re: My old plasma based system
I like this system.

One thing I would change is the power cables need to be either replaced with white ones or painted so they didn't stick out.

Robinson_A 09-12-2007 05:22 PM

Re: My old plasma based system
I actually sank them into the wall just before moving. All that effort for nothing. That condo was really an R&D project for my new house, which is slow going but much better looking.

I can't say enough about Home Depot plastic cable channels or hollow base boards to hide cables on the cheap without having to cut holes in the wall.