Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 02-04-2010   #1

Default New Gear advice

Looking for some ideas on adding in new gear to existing sytems. Have basement systems with Onkyo TX-NR 801 with in ceiling polk speakers and Bose Center channel with 5:1 config- used to watch movies, listen to itunes, watch TC. I also have a klipsch sub 10 with the above onkyo system. I also have a outside patio area where I currently have 2 pairs of speakers (not sure of the brand), will be adding 2 more pairs in the near future. So my question and looking for advise is around what else do I need.

-I am thinking about a Niles 4/6 speaker control pices (SSVC model) to hook up the Onkyo amp to the outside speakers only. I want to pump up these speakers while not taking away anything from the interior speakers- IS this the right move and expense of money
- Do I need to consider getting a 2nd amp to drive some of these speakers as well (I was thinking of lower cost Denon)- IS this the right move/expense of money

All thoughts/ideas welcomed
Newby in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: New Gear advice

Even with the Niles box the speakers have to share the available power, so it would subtract from the main speakers. Also the Niles volume controls somewhat rely on having a constant volume level so that interaction does not occur. Using the receiver volume level as well as the Niles is sure to end up with the Niles and the receiver fighting each other, so to speak. I would recommend a separate amp, but you wouldn't necessarily need a second receiver as a power amp with an input level control should do just fine.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3

I was thinking this was the case, guess I can look at the ONKYO M-282 V 2-Channel Accessory Amplifier which is for a 2nd room/zone and use this to drive the outside speakers instead of purchasing the niles/speakercraft sytem which would seem to be a duplicate things and throwing away money
Newby in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #4
Administrator

You may want to have the volume controls locally though, especially if the speakers are in separate areas.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #5

It may not be right place for introduction but i have not found and category or thread of this type. Hi all senior members and friends of this community. Luchi is here , your new friend. I live in U.S. a computer professional and doing Masters in Computer Application. I am interested in discussing about computer hardware and software trouble and troubleshooting,about new S/W and H/W . I hope you people will help me by guiding the whole journey in this forum.
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #6

I want to understand
caroline100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
hooking, m282, onkyo