Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

View Poll Results: Want to hear the Sound Egg?
Heck Yeah! 3 50.00%
Hmm, maybe.. 2 33.33%
Won't catch me in one. 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2009   #7

Default Re: 5.1 Surround Sound Egg Chair

Now all I need to be able to do is watch movieS that are in the theater in the egg. No point to go and pay 15 bucks to be cold and listen to junk compared to the egg chair. You guys gotta try one of these things if you ever get a chance. Coolest thing I've ever bought.

They are announcing it officially at the CES show in vegas in January if anyone is going to be there.
TheHumanCpU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #8

Are you able to pick/replace drivers or are you stuck with what they give you?
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #9
Administrator

Drivers?
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Are you able to pick/replace drivers or are you stuck with what they give you?
I am assuming you are referring to the speakers.

Well the wiring is all hidden behind the foam, but you have access to the speaker cavities if you would want to place your own 3.5 in.

As for the sub, you'd have to remove the seat, and that might be a small challenge, but I am sure it can be done as I have yet to try.

Now they told me that if I wanted to pick the speakers, I could, but they don't have any options. I'd have to send the speakers to them (new only) or they can purchase them, and that price would be figured into the overall egg chair price.

I listened to the chair at Oshkosh, during the AirVenture 2009 show, and it blew my mind with the memphis they had in there. Checked out the freq response chart and didn't think that it was necessary. Less complications I feel since they have already tested the system out.

They are actually very willing to customize your needs. So if you are interested call the number on their website. I believe you can buy the thing completely empty, or with the foam and speaker housings, if you wanted to customize your own.

They have just a shell up for sale on ebay. It's got problems, but gives you an idea of what you would be working with since they don't have any pictures posted of the shell on there main website.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-Egg-Chair-Ha...d=p3286.c0.m14

The chair is wired with 6 terminals that you connect your receiver to "drive" the egg. Each speaker obviously runs to a cross-over. The surround sound speakers all are mid range with tweeters giving you a very powerful sound in all aspects of the spectrum.

I attached some more pictures I found.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg-chair.jpg (141.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg egg-chair-6.jpg (127.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: gif freq.gif (66.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-21-2009   #11

Hey thought I'd post a picture of my setup.

Just to go over what I have...

I have an Xbox 360 that is HDMI to the 42 inch Phillips HD 1080.

My audio is then run directly from my xbox with a optical cable to my Yahama digital input, which then runs 5 channels to my Sound EGG , while the sub pre-out runs to an amp before reaching the egg.

I've attached the picture. This is my gf sitting and playing some CoD4. She's not to shabby at it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (127.7 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links

Tags
5.1, 51, acoustical, call, chair, duty, egg, egg chair, game, personal sound system, sound, subwoofer chair, surround, surround sound, video