Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 11-19-2007   #31

Default Re: What's you dream system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I`ve read excellent reviews on the Aerial 20Ts. kennyt or Jerry, and experience with them?
20T's are simply amazing IMO, and one day a pair WILL be in my system. They are by far my favorite speaker (in and out of it's price-range).

I love my 10T's, and they get better with every improvement I make to my system -
but the 20's are a quantum leap up from them.

Not long ago I called Aerial with a few questions about my 10T's and to my surprise none other than Mr. Kelly himself answered the phone. We chatted for probably half an hour about the 10T's, the 20T's and both of our alma maters - North Carolina State University.

I apologized for taking up so much of his time - but he would hear none of it - telling me how much he enjoyed his trip down memory lane.

It's easy to patronize companies made of genuinely nice people who make fantastic products. Steve McCormack also comes to mind.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #32

Things like that tend to stick in your mind and enhance the pleasure of owning the companies gear as you always feel good about it! Glad to hear your still liking the Aerials Jim!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
It's not a great Blu-ray player, but the games are sick, and 5.1 surround for games? Too cool! All in all, yes, I am glad i bought it, now when GTA IV comes out, super glad!
Alright, that is good. So, Imagine you will still use your other Blu_Ray players as your reference playback devices. It seems, that most people on our forum are pleased with the PS3`s playback performance. But, I`m sure they have no other players to compare it with.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #34

Smile Re: What's you dream system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
20T's are simply amazing IMO, and one day a pair WILL be in my system. They are by far my favorite speaker (in and out of it's price-range).

I love my 10T's, and they get better with every improvement I make to my system -
but the 20's are a quantum leap up from them.

Not long ago I called Aerial with a few questions about my 10T's and to my surprise none other than Mr. Kelly himself answered the phone. We chatted for probably half an hour about the 10T's, the 20T's and both of our alma maters - North Carolina State University.

I apologized for taking up so much of his time - but he would hear none of it - telling me how much he enjoyed his trip down memory lane.

It's easy to patronize companies made of genuinely nice people who make fantastic products. Steve McCormack also comes to mind.
I hear you. But, that is great that he did take the time to have that conversation with you. Business, should be more like that, in my opinion, when time permits. There is still something to be said about true customer service. People WILL pay a little more for a product or service, if they are treated corrected. I think that has been forgotten today.

Great to hear about the Aerials. One day I hope to get a demo.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #35

My Dream System:

McIntosh MX-136 Preamp/Processor
McIntosh MC-1201 Mono Block Amplifiers (8)
McIntosh MDA-1000 D/A Converter
McIntosh MCD201 CD/SACD Player
Meridian Reference Series 800 DVD Player
JBL K2-S9800 K2 Series Loudspeaker (9)
Custom Built JBL Pro Series 18" Subwoofers (2)
Denon DVD-3800BDCI DVD/Blu-ray Player
Faroudja Scaler
Runco Signature Cinema SC-1 1080p Projector
Stewart Film Screen 200" Screen
Meridian HD-DVD (If Meridian actually ends up offering one ?)
Crestron HT Control System
Monster Power Conditioner (9)
Audio Quest Cables
3 rows of home theater seating

Custom room that looks like the Grauman Chinese Theater in Hollywood

HD-DVD & Blu-ray Owner

DTS-HD Master Audio & Uncompressed PCM Supporter
Dave Moritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #36

Dave,

A friend of mine had the 136 pre/pro, his was really glitchy, hopefully they resolved that issue. I am still trying to figure out how you are running 9 speakers with 8 channels of amplification but the rest is pretty sweet. I would swap out the Meridian 861 for the Mc 136 but that is my choice!

As for the projector, you just can't beat the SC-1! If I win the lottery, I'm ordering one the same day!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
53, amplifier, amps, bw, cls, ct800, decware, electra, equipment, joule, levinson, list, logan, martin, n, power, speaker, theater