Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 03-21-2009   #121
wes

Default Re: What's you dream system?

Simple

Grand Utopia III
Boulder Electronics

and $750K
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #122

Choice #1:
Linn/Meridian/Ayre electronics,
Wilson Speakers,
PS3 + PC for gaming,
Pioneer Elite plasma + Runco projection
floating room acoustics

or,

A sony transistor radio,
a bottle of Chilean cab,
Jessica Biehl sitting next to me to enjoy it with me.

I'm leaning towards #2, but alas, they are both just as unlikely for me.
meatyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #123

Since it all starts - or ends - with the speakers, my dream system would be a pair of Sound Lab Majestic full range electrostatic loudspeakers and whatever amplifier and preamp will best drive them, and all of it fed by an EMM Labs CD player and a Magnum Dynalab tuner.

I've heard countless high-end speakers in the decades I've been consumed by high quality sound reproduction. And in all that time, I never encountered a speaker as realistic, as capable of taking me right into the performance, as Sound Lab loudspeakers.

I confess that I have only heard the A1 and M1 models. But the Majestic is supposed to be even more refined than the models I heard.

For those of you who have never heard - or evenr heard of Sound Lab speakers, do whatever is necessary to audition these amazing insturments.
mark-ira@neo.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #124

Cool Re: What's you dream system?

I already have mine in place: VTL tube Amp, VTL tube Pre Amp, Arcam CD/DVD player, Vandersteen speakers (the old classic C models). What I would like to know is, do any of you have this: http://www.furmansound.com/product.p...&id=PL-PROE_II

And what do you think of these high-end conditioners, this one goes for $700.00 and the folks at Resolution Audio in Seattle where I bought my equipment swear by this conditioner. Of course they would like to sell more stuff, but still............
stevign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #125
Administrator

Probably a good unit, but I prefer a regeneration type conditioner so the power is protected from both over voltage as well as under voltage. Check out this thread: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009   #126

rbinck:

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I read the article and it's a good one, BUT......$2,495.00???? Even in a better economy I couldn't afford something like that, the one "I" mentioned is pushing it already. My question stands:

Do you or others here have any of these products around the same price that produce better sound quality when listening to music and better picture quality when watching TV that you can actually here and see?

With the understanding of the "law of diminishing returns " in mind, I asked my stereo guy will I audibly be able to hear a difference without having to set in a dark room late at night with total concentration while listening to a cd? lolol..... his answer was yes. I do understand the need for protection, but still......

STEVIGN: Lover of Jazz and Blues.
stevign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
53, amplifier, amps, bw, cls, ct800, decware, electra, equipment, joule, levinson, list, logan, martin, n, power, speaker, theater