Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 02-23-2009   #115

Default Re: What's you dream system?

It is funny but my dream system seems to change every few years depending on what new technologies are being used. But right now I would have to say that the following is close to being my dream system.

Denon AVP-A1HDCI Home Theater Preamp
Denon DVD-A1UDCI Universal Bluray Player
Marantz SA-7S1 Reference SA-CD / CD Player
McIntosh MS750 750 GB Music Server
McIntosh MVP871 DVD/CD Player
McIntosh MC303 Three Channel Power Amplifier
McIntosh MC252 Stereo Power Amplifier
McIntosh MC252 Stereo Power Amplifier
McIntosh MC1.2KW Power Amplifier
McIntosh MC252 Power Amplifier
Altec Lancing VOTT A-7's (Front L & R) or JBL K2™ Series K2 S9800 for every channel
Custom Center Channel (Dual 12" JBL Pro woofers w/ JBL HF Horn)
JBL Pro Series surround speakers
Dual JBL 18" Subwoofers
Stewart Film Screen 120" Projection Screen
Faroudja DILA1080MF1Projector Package or something better?
Direct TV HD Reciever/HD Recorder

But since that is not in the cards I am looking at a Denon AVR-3808ci 7.1 reciever, Denon DVD-2500 Bluray Player, Stewert Film Screen 120" screen with a entry level 1080p projector. Then I will worry about getting a nice subwoofer or two and upgrading my center channel and rear speakers. At that point I will look into a power amp or two and some room treatments to top it all off! I see no reason to get rid of my current Altec A-7 voice of the theater speakers as they would be hard to replace. More like it would be very exspensive to find a alternative to the A-7's that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

HD-DVD & Blu-ray Owner

DTS-HD Master Audio & Uncompressed PCM Supporter
Dave Moritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #116

Talking Re: What's you dream system?

My dream system for right now would be seven of the new, Mark Levinson No 53 monoblocks, the new No 502 media console, Krell Evolution 505 and 525 CD and DVD players or maybe Nagra, ( I heard that they were expensive) sources, and of course the Krell Master Reference Subwoofer. Or I could go with seven Krell Evolution 400 monoblocks for amplification and the Evolution 707 SSP and be all set. Revel Salon speakers for surround or I could go with all Wilson Audio Speakers. I think either of these choices could make me happy. Maybe I should have two or three dream systems. I haven't even mentioned Meridian or McIntosh, because I don't know alot about them, but I bet I could put together a dream system using them .Maybe McIntosh amplifiers, and Meridian SSP's and sources. MBL looks expensive. How about their amplifiers and sources and a few pairs of their ultra expensive Radialstrahler 101 E MKII speakers for fronts and surrounds. I think that I could go on and on and always see more stuff that I want. It is harder to pick out a dream system than it seems at first.The next upgrade would always be on a person's mind. It would be lots of fun to have unlimited funds to go shopping for equipment though.

Last edited by bluextatic; 02-24-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: MBL
bluextatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #117

With the knowledge that the space is HUGE. Lets start with 11 channel of the Genesis 1.1 at $130k /ch. Eleven Krell mono Reference amps. Four Krell Reference subs. Eleven mono Evol 2 pre-amps. One Krell engineer. Some more audio stuff and one IMAX screen. Oh, and one power generating station. And no upgrades are necessary..
Mitchell Erblich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #118
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Erblich View Post
With the knowledge that the space is HUGE. Lets start with 11 channel of the Genesis 1.1 at $130k /ch. Eleven Krell mono Reference amps. Four Krell Reference subs. Eleven mono Evol 2 pre-amps. One Krell engineer. Some more audio stuff and one IMAX screen. Oh, and one power generating station. And no upgrades are necessary..
I will just go and buy an IMAX theater so I can see Batman as it was intended
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #119

Red face Re: What's you dream system?

This is actually two systems, a main listening and video system and then a party system.

The first is the main system

Anthem Statement D2 Pre/Pro
Definitive Tech Supercube Trinity sub x 2
Definitive Tech BP 7000SC x 6
Definitive Tech L/C/R 3000 x 4
Bryston 28B SST x 10

Party system

Anthem Statement D2 Pre/Pro
Definitive Tech Supercube Trinity sub x 4
Definitive Tech BP 7000SC x 6
Definitive Tech L/C/R 3000 x 4
Bryston 28B SST x 10

The difference between the two systems is just a couple of subs but what the heck. I have chosen the same gear for both because having listened to smaller versions of my dream it would do both the detailed subtle 3d imaging for those special listening times and get up and shake with world with clean clear jump up and boogie when it comes to having the friends over to cut loose a bit.

I'm sure there will be lots of people that will look and think that I just want to flex the walls but it is not true. There are times when I just want to sit and listen to "chuckie's in love" and relax. Also there are times when I want to have the buds (either gender) over and be silly.

Cables, undecided but for pre cables going to amps right next to speakers with shortest run of speaker cable possible.

Source equipment, whatever works best with the rest of the gear when the time comes. Records for sure, digital for sure, media computer for sure. Just not sure what will be available when the time comes.
audiobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #120

Audio
Theta Casablanca III (w/ extreme DAC's)
Theta Citadel (14 to biamp the Snell towers)
Snell Reference Towers (7)
Linn LP12 turntable
Krell Reference Sub (2)
Analysis Plus Speaker cables

Video
Stewart 4 way masking screen
Sony pro SXRD projector
Sony ES Blu-Ray
PS3
Snell & Wilcox interpolator
cable box
Analysis Plus cables

Control
Crestron touch panel
Crestron Pro2

Power
Equitech balanced power

Lighting
Lutron Grafik Eye
lamarjonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
53, amplifier, amps, bw, cls, ct800, decware, electra, equipment, joule, levinson, list, logan, martin, n, power, speaker, theater