Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 06-03-2008   #97

Thumbs up Re: What's you dream system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I just watched the Yes: Live at Montreux on HD DVD using DTS HD High Resolution Audio.

It's official, I am a high res audio codec junky now!!! It is the closest thing to live I have heard!
See how much fun you are having right now kenny. Even though the Denon`s do not have that last nnnnnnth degree of sound like you and Jerry`s Meridian and ML gear, you can enjoy the codecs TODAY!! And at the amount of time its taking for them to get up to speed, that joy you are now sharing with us, would not be possible without Integra and Denon taking care of business.

So.................................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #98

Default Re: What's you dream system?

I know,

You know me though and I WANT IT ALL!!!!

I want uncompressed soundtracks AND exceptional sound for both MC Audio and two channel. I could forgo multichannel and add a two channel pre with HT bypass, and may someday do that but damn my system is pretty complicated now, I hate to add more levels of complexity to it.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #99

I have been thinking more about this, and damn I am hard to please!

No wonder I can't pick gear!

I think if I had my way, I'd have a rocking two channel rig fused with my HT. I am talking about an Avid Acutus Reference TT, phono pre and Koetsu Rosewood cartridge, tubed pre all worked in with the Meridian 861v9 or whatever the TOTL is then, and of course the mated 800 series player, the EMM Labs CDSD SE and DAC 6e SE, as well as the AMR 77 and Nagra CDP (you might want variety, and the 800 does DVD-A, the Meitner (EMM Labs) does SACD and the Nagra, well, because it's flippin' Nagra!), the TOTL BLu-ray player made, and a PS3 as I likely won't have finished GTA IV by then.

Each speaker would need at least one, maybe two mono-blocks sporting as close to four digit power output as I liked the sound of per and of course wiring would be Transparent Opus MM2 throughout (well, I might even calm down somewhere and just use Reference MM2 for the cable box!)

I want a dedicated power transformer for my home, and would pay the power company for it, run my own dedicated star ground run with heavy gauge silver coated copper wire to maximize grounding. Each component would run off it's own power regenerator (though even I must admit this is extreme overkill, but while your dreaming, go big!)

Most importantly the room would be designed with nothing but sonics in mind and be built to whatever crazy spec Bob Hodas desired. I figure I am at least $1,000,000 if not closer to $1.5 by now depending on where you live........

This I think would truly keep me from wanting to upgrade, for a while!

I have five Lotto tickets for tomorrow's $25,000,000 prize here in Florida and IF I win.......
Old 06-03-2008   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I have five Lotto tickets for tomorrow's $25,000,000 prize here in Florida and IF I win.......
You'll buy it tomorrow & if you don't win you'll buy it next month!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You'll buy it tomorrow & if you don't win you'll buy it next month!
I wish I could, this one would take a bit longer......

Jerry hasn't even gone this sick yet and he's better off than I!
Old 06-03-2008   #102

I could get in on the lottery?
Sponsored Links

Tags
53, amplifier, amps, bw, cls, ct800, decware, electra, equipment, joule, levinson, list, logan, martin, n, power, speaker, theater