Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 05-20-2008   #79

Default Re: What's you dream system?

the cables are made by mr: Van den hul.im sorry i put a W insted of a V,all the 800 series use Van Den Hul cables inside.

tomorow i go to B&W in England to visit the new factory and hear the CT800 series in the new studio specialy made for the system...
raoc801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #80
wes

Cool Re: What's you dream system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I don't know what they are made of but silver vs copper is a big argument, similar to the whole cables argument..
May be it is gold so they have no oxidation.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
May be it is gold so they have no oxidation.
Actually, this is the only real reason you see gold on connectors, silver is a better conductor.

NOW, gold does have the ability of being made ultra pure so has the advantage for some, but the cable are really expensive... Check out the Steath PGS line for an idea.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #82
wes

Quote:
Actually, this is the only real reason you see gold on connectors, silver is a better conductor.
Gold is actually a better conductor, you might want to check your sources.

Quote:
NOW, gold does have the ability of being made ultra pure so has the advantage for some, but the cable are really expensive... Check out the Steath PGS line for an idea.
How about platinum!

Last edited by wes; 05-24-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old 05-24-2008   #83

wes,

Check yours, I'm right!

As for platinum, I have no idea of it's conduciveness.....

Last edited by kennyt; 05-24-2008 at 02:20 PM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #84
wes

Quote:
wes, Check yours, I'm right! As for platinum, I have no idea of it's constructiveness.....
My mistake here is an abstract from IEEE

Going for gold [gold in electronics industry]

Holliday, R. Goodman, P.
This paper appears in: IEE Review
Publication Date: May 2002
Volume: 48 , Issue: 3
On page(s): 15 - 19
ISSN: 0953-5683
Posted online: 2002-08-07 00:44:04.0
Abstract
Gold is the pre-eminent noble metal, prized throughout history for its beauty, permanence and rarity-an enduring store of wealth and the basis for countless decorative, ceremonial and religious artefacts. In the modern world, gold's unique chemical and physical properties mean that it is now finding increasing use in a wide range of industrial applications. Gold has outstanding resistance to corrosion and excellent bio-compatibility, is easy to work and has high thermal and electrical conductivity. Only silver and copper are better conductors of electricity, but cannot match gold's resistance to tarnishing or corrosion. In electronics, gold's immunity to environmental effects is possibly its most significant property-allowing the technical performance of gold electroplating or gold bonding wires to remain essentially unchanged by time. The mobile phone and PC markets have been fuelling a rising demand for gold in the electronics sector, and during 2000 it was estimated that around 280 tonnes found its way into electronics and electrical components'. Where the voltages are small, the circuitry complex, or reliability must be high, gold is usually the preferred choice. Gold-plated contacts and connectors are the most important use of gold in the electronics industry. gold is generally considered the best material for low-voltage, low-current and low-contact-force applications. When two gold surfaces are brought together into intimate contact, the resulting electrical connection offers unrivalled low resistance and stability

Index Terms
Available to subscribers and IEEE members.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/fr...metadata&pos=0
Sponsored Links

Tags
53, amplifier, amps, bw, cls, ct800, decware, electra, equipment, joule, levinson, list, logan, martin, n, power, speaker, theater