Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 10-24-2008   #1

Default My 5.1 Martin Logan System

Here is my system which includes:
Sharp Aquos LCD (LC-65D93U)
Denon Bluray player (3800BDCI), which is not in the picture (was purchased recently)
Toshiba HD DVD Player (HD A-35)
Denon 3808CI Receiver
PANAMAX 5400 Surge Protector
Speaker cables: LAT International
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aquos65inch.jpg (83.6 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg Script i.jpg (90.8 KB, 117 views)
sharok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #2

Default Re: My 5.1 Martin Logan System

Congratulations. It's a beautiful system but I think the rear surrounds may be a little too close to the listeners' ears. Just a suggestion.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #3

That was my concern at first when I mounted them on the wall, but then I realized that they have a 30 Degree disperson angle (the sound covers the whole area, most of the speakers from ML have this feature). I calibrated them with a Radioshack SPL meter and tested them for sound clarity in different spots and they sounded great.
Old 10-24-2008   #4

Nice contemporary room! I really like the coffee table.
Also, I know 7.1 would be hard to do with your room and set-up, but have you considered 6.1?
Another center for the rear would really help envelope you in back sound. I have always noticed the gap in rear sound with 5.1 set-ups.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #5

The problem is with passing the cable through the wall to where the receiver is. It was a hard work to pass the cables for the rear speakers to the receiver. But again, I may do it in the new year. As you said, it will greatly improve the back sound.
Old 11-12-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
The problem is with passing the cable through the wall to where the receiver is. It was a hard work to pass the cables for the rear speakers to the receiver. But again, I may do it in the new year. As you said, it will greatly improve the back sound.

Like the setup. This coming from a former long time Martin logan theatre owner.Just tie or tape the new set of cables one at a time to the existing rear speaker cables you have attached to your receiver and pull them thru. Just a suggestion?
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, 61, 71, arizona, audio, logan, martin, rear, receivers, recommended, script, set, speaker, speakers, system