Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 06-03-2008   #1

Default equipment rack for dream system

the system is slowly coming together...well, the planning of it anyway. have finished framing the basement and walls are about to go up. so next couple of days will be running wire and, yes!, conduit to two key places where plasma or projector will go (haven't decided yet) to be safe. also alternative subwoofer cable runs. anyways, a question. what are some good solutions for equipment racks? i've been to middle atlantic website, and those look nice but maybe too nice/industrial/heavy duty/etc. not sure if the wife will like something like that alongside the new wall cabinets in the bar area. anyone know of another brand? or are most home made? i also have no idea how much the middle atlantic ones cost, though they look pretty pricey....any guidance appreciated...
hmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #2

Default Re: equipment rack for dream system

If you are going audiophile check out composite products. Carbon fiber racks that are very cool.

If you are looking for a more custom install - look to Middle Atlantic or AVRack. They will go in a cabinet very nicely. See my install on ModernHomeTheater.com.

http://www.modernhometheater.com/vir...nce/slideshow/
Old 03-01-2009   #3

Depends on what you are looking for, in wall or part of the furniture, as well as your budget. I like Adona for the open techie look but my wife vetoed that. I just finished building my Audiav racks which can be stained to match your furniture, or left open. We also have a Salamander rack but that is not as customizable.

Audiav audio and video racks:

Salamander:

bezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009   #4

Middle Atlantic rack prices really aren't that expensive. You'd be surprised. They also have an A/V rack for just about any application.

in-wall rackmounts (all 19 inch):

SRSR - rotates for rear access
AXS - slides out for rear access (AX-SXR rotates 90)

SRS - mounts in a cabinet or entertainment center
REB - ditto (for smaller systems)

For stand alone rack enclosures I'd probably say go for either the Slim 5 for a cheaper open frame rack, or the WR roll out rotating series for a more robust system.

You can't really go wrong, plus they have an enormous amount of clever integrated options for power, cooling (IE: CAB-COOL), cable management, filler/vent panels etc..plus they are the only ones that will do a custom faceplate for pretty much any A/V component

I got my SRSR-4-28 and accessories from custom av rack. They were very helpful and knowledgable, and the turn-around was hellafast, pricing good etc.. http://www.customavrack.com/Default.aspx
HDTVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
atlantic, audio, av, equipment, equptment, furniture, home, homemade, middle, rack, racks, stereo, system, theater, video, videoaudio