Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 04-15-2008   #7

Default Re: Modest System

Butch,

You should try to pull the front speakers off the wall a bit to allow them to extend the bottom end more. When I reviewed the Paradigm 100v4's I found they liked ~40 inches behind them to maximize bass response. I know it might be tight for the room, but see if you can't pull them further out from the wall and see what I mean.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Home made shelf system made from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions welded into a frame and hand polished. It is supporting 6 sheets of 3/16" tempered and tinted glass shelves.

On the shelf top to bottom:

DirecTV HR21-100 HD Receiver
Marantz DV9600 Universal Player
Monster HT3500 Power Conditioner with modifications by Nuforce
Marantz SR19 Receiver
Anthem Statement A5 5-Channel Amplifier
That thing atop the Player is a Sound Enhancer from Acoustic Research.

The Rest of it:

Paradigm Reference Studio 100v2 Main L/R
Sony KP-57WS510 HDTV
Paradigm Reference Studio CC Center Channel
Paradigm Servo 15 v2 Subwoofer
Paradigm Reference Studio ADP Surrounds (Not Shown)

Interconnects: Kimber Kable Hero.
Center Channel Speaker Cable: Kimber 8TC
Main L/R Speaker Cable: MIT Terminator II Biwire
Surrounds Speaker Cable: Monster Flat Wire

I started putting this stuff together in 1999 following the loss of my old system to a Burglar. I've been adding/upgrading at the rate of $2 to $3K per year. This spring I added the Anthem which has been one of my most satisfying upgrades to date. The other was moving from Studio 60's to the 100's. Future upgrades include a Blu-Ray Player and a Pre/Pro. I'm leaning toward an Anthem AVM 30.
This is a very nice system! I love that Anthem amp and the Servo 15 happens to be one of my favorite subwoofers! Good job
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #9

I work in the R & D department of a company that designs and builds custom, All aluminum horse trailers. These trailers range in price from $12K to well over $200K. Most are built to an individual customer's specs. In addition to horse stalls in the rear, they include a living quarters up front that may include things such as hammered copper sinks, marble floors, solid hardwood cabinets and even hot tubs and surround systems with projector.

Sorry to drift off subject. The bottom line is that I have access to a lot of material, particularly aluminum. I modeled the rack using Pro-E parametric solid modeling software to make sure that each device had adequate space. After completing the model I went out into the shop after normal work hours and pulled material from the scrap bins. I was able to obtain the glass from the company from whom we purchase windows for a very reasonable price. After welding the rack together I spent 2 full days with 300 grit sand paper smoothing everything in preparation for what turned into several hours with a buffer and a big tub of Mother's aluminum polish.

Kennyt: I would love to pull those speakers out at least another foot or so. They are 18" from the wall now. In my previous house they were on the short wall of a 16' 22' room and they were 4' from the side wall and 3' from the rear wall. It really is amazing how much better they sound when given room to breathe. I'll be moving into a larger place soon and I'll give them all the space they require.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 12, a5, anthem, blu, ht3500, marantz, monster, p2, paradigm, ray, reference, spikes, sr19, statement, studio, trigger, v2