Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 03-25-2008   #1

Default Kipnis Studio

While it isn't my theater I had the honor of experiencing the Kipnis Studio in Redding, CT this past weekend. It's without a doubt beyond anything I have seen or read about. Jeremy Kipnis is truly a virtuoso in the A/V realm. He actually referred to the room as a laboratory. I'm not sure how he came up with the specifications for his theater but it's hard to argue with the results. With a circle of McIntosh amps, a Sony 4K projector that was mind boggling, and sound that was essentially perfect it was an amazing experience. I hope to go back and visit soon! There really was no fault in the sound reproduction and it could be played very loud without distortion. The Kipnis Studio is without a doubt the benchmark for home theater performance around the world. Some of my components include Wilson Maxx 2's, Krell evo 402, and a linn unidisk 1.1 and all I can say is I have some work cut out for me to get to the Kipnis Studio level. Unfortunately to have a Kipnis Studio in my house I would need a nuclear power plant in my back yard just to turn the system on.
spearl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #2

Thumbs up Re: Kipnis Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearl8 View Post
While it isn't my theater I had the honor of experiencing the Kipnis Studio in Redding, CT this past weekend. It's without a doubt beyond anything I have seen or read about. Jeremy Kipnis is truly a virtuoso in the A/V realm. He actually referred to the room as a laboratory. I'm not sure how he came up with the specifications for his theater but it's hard to argue with the results. With a circle of McIntosh amps, a Sony 4K projector that was mind boggling, and sound that was essentially perfect it was an amazing experience. I hope to go back and visit soon! There really was no fault in the sound reproduction and it could be played very loud without distortion. The Kipnis Studio is without a doubt the benchmark for home theater performance around the world. Some of my components include Wilson Maxx 2's, Krell evo 402, and a linn unidisk 1.1 and all I can say is I have some work cut out for me to get to the Kipnis Studio level. Unfortunately to have a Kipnis Studio in my house I would need a nuclear power plant in my back yard just to turn the system on.
Now that's impressive! Some one who has heard the monolith and lived to tell about it! And coming from someone who has Wilson speakers (not me - the original poster - I wish I had Wilsons) - its just that more impressive!
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #3

Exclamation Re: Kipnis Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Now that's impressive! Some one who has heard the monolith and lived to tell about it! And coming from someone who has Wilson speakers (not me - the original poster - I wish I had Wilsons) - its just that more impressive!
I like the way you put that: "heard the monolith, and lived to tell about it!"

You know, when I started this journey to see and hear what the very best possible fidelity is, I really never imagined that it would take this form. And the D'Appolito Sub-1800 arrays are certainly monolithic, like in 2001.

But the most important thing that I discovered, and which is alluded to in some of Edison, Tesla, and Bells experimental notes, is the need for headroom in the electrical feed and the size, shape and speed of the transducer (both recording and playback). I only really understood what they meant when I built Ciné Beta as it appears in the pictures you may have seen.

In spite of over 150 years of continuous work by whole industries to recreate sound accurately, we still have a lot of undiscovered country to explore!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #4

Default Re: Kipnis Studio

As long as the exploration continues, we are in good shape.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #5
Banned

Hello, your advice was excellent and it really works for beginner also.
Thank you!
dolphin258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #6

Have you seen the ink JK has gotten on this theater?

Amazing.

People LOVE the idea of seeing an all-out system and as I know Senor Kipnis - he does nothing low-end.
Sponsored Links

Tags
2, contact, ct, home, info, kipnis, krell, maxx, mcintosh, redding, sound, studio, studios, systems, theater, wilson, york