Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 03-10-2008   #7

Default Re: My Home Theater

HT Junky,

Your system and room are top notch!

How often can you get to 70db on the volume control?
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
How often can you get to 70db on the volume control?
Who cares what the volume dial says! It's like anesthesia vaporizers, the # is irrelevant, it's the effect that counts.....

How often do you reach <100 dB peaks is much more interesting.....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #9

Smile Re: My Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
. . . I painted the whole wall, trim and all, in black. Now you cannot see anything on the front wall, when the lights are off. I liked it so much, I painted the ceiling black. It really made a remarkable improvement in the projected picture.

The equipment is in shelving built into the wall. Behind the wall is a storage area, so I can stand behind it and get to the wiring. . .
Looks good!

Black is a great choice for your theater. I have my entire theater room painted flat black - ceilings and walls. I also have black carpet.
It does make a difference to not have light reflections off colored or glossy walls.

Are you able to add more equipment in the storage area behind the shelving unit?

One regret I have is not making extra space for more equipment.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Who cares what the volume dial says! It's like anesthesia vaporizers, the # is irrelevant, it's the effect that counts.....

How often do you reach <100 dB peaks is much more interesting.....
I was referring to the point when the volume goes up the whole house shakes! My wife would send me packing lol.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
I was referring to the point when the volume goes up the whole house shakes! My wife would send me packing lol.
Well, fortunately for me, my wife will leave when it gets loud, and when I really want to test a system, I do it when she's not around.....

IF 70 dB's shakes your house, you need a good civil engineer, but I know what you mean!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Are you able to add more equipment in the storage area behind the shelving unit?
If you go to the storage room behind the equipment, it is totally open. I can walk right up to it. I built 3 huge shelves on the back side of the wall. The Richard Grays and the PS Audio P300 are back there. I could move the amp and Directv receiver back there if I wanted to, as I have an infared repeater for the Directv receiver and the amp is on a trigger. It really adds a lot of flexibility.

I also don't have to worry about heat, as the backside is totally open. The basement never gets hot.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, basement, built, forum, home, house, montana, pictures, rack, reviews, show, spc, speaker, theater, video, wall