Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show us your System (http://www.avrev.com/forum/show-us-your-system-41/)
-   -   MeanGene's Home (http://www.avrev.com/forum/show-us-your-system/1385-meangenes-home.html)

MeanGene 01-04-2008 04:30 PM

MeanGene's Home
 
Here is my modest system.

MeanGene's Home Theater

ESS Speakers (4)
Phase Technology Teatro (Center)
15" Avalanche driven sub woofers (2)
Philips 34" HDTV
Motorola MOXI DVR Cable box
JVC HR-S7100U VCR
Sony 301 CD/DVD Player
Outlaw 950 Preamp/Processor
Velodyne SMS1 digital parametric equalizer
AudioSource Amp One/A (Butt Kicker)
OutLaw M200 (Center Channel)
Samson SX-2800 Amp (Sub Woofer)
ATI AT3005 300w per channel Amp
Panamax 4300
Panamax Max 5300
Outlaw Audio PSC cables (Pure Silver Coax)
Theater Master MX 800 Remote

kennyt 01-04-2008 04:41 PM

Re: MeanGene's Home
 
Mean Jean!

Nice rig and welcome to the forum!

Do you announce WWF wrestling as a side line??

KT

deacongreg 01-04-2008 04:53 PM

Re: MeanGene's Home
 
Very nice MeanGene. I haven`t heard the name AudioSource in a while. That ATI looks like a beast. Happy New Year and welcome to the forum.

MeanGene 01-04-2008 05:15 PM

Re: MeanGene's Home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg (Post 8922)
Very nice MeanGene. I haven`t heard the name AudioSource in a while. That ATI looks like a beast. Happy New Year and welcome to the forum.

The AudioSource amp is an inexpensive amp to drive the butt kicker that I have in the guest chair. Yes, the ATI is a beast 300 W per channel and a dedicated 120A circuit to feed it, it replaces the two 200WPC tube amps I was using. Listening to four ESS AMT3 Rock Monitors in the same room is stimulating to say the least. All speakers have been rebuilt with new drivers and membranes. The driver counts adds up to 2 - 15", 8 - 10", 6 - Mid-range and 5 - tweeters. At 0 db the gun battle form Open Range is goose bumpy real. Even though I have palyed in many times, I still have to look out the window and make sure the cops aren't coming.

Thanks

MeanGene

deacongreg 01-04-2008 05:23 PM

Re: MeanGene's Home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGene (Post 8927)
The AudioSource amp is an inexpensive amp to drive the butt kicker that I have in the guest chair. Yes, the ATI is a beast 300 W per channel and a dedicated 120A circuit to feed it, it replaces the two 200WPC tube amps I was using. Listening to four ESS AMT3 Rock Monitors in the same room is stimulating to say the least. All speakers have been rebuilt with new drivers and membranes. The driver counts adds up to 2 - 15", 8 - 10", 6 - Mid-range and 5 - tweeters. At 0 db the gun battle form Open Range is goose bumpy real. Even though I have palyed in many times, I still have to look out the window and make sure the cops aren't coming.

Thanks

MeanGene

Hmmm, that is pretty good. One of my favorite westerns is "Tombstone" Great cast, and a couple of good gun battles. The musical score is great. This should make your system sing.

prerich 01-05-2008 11:23 PM

Re: MeanGene's Home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGene (Post 8916)
Here is my modest system.

MeanGene's Home Theater

ESS Speakers (4)
Phase Technology Teatro (Center)
15" Avalanche driven sub woofers (2)
Philips 34" HDTV
Motorola MOXI DVR Cable box
JVC HR-S7100U VCR
Sony 301 CD/DVD Player
Outlaw 950 Preamp/Processor
Velodyne SMS1 digital parametric equalizer
AudioSource Amp One/A (Butt Kicker)
OutLaw M200 (Center Channel)
Samson SX-2800 Amp (Sub Woofer)
ATI AT3005 300w per channel Amp
Panamax 4300
Panamax Max 5300
Outlaw Audio PSC cables (Pure Silver Coax)
Theater Master MX 800 Remote

Glad to see someone else using vintage speakers in Home Theater around here! I've never had the chance to hear the Heil tweeters but I've been told that they are sweet! Even better than the Infinity Emits! I can just imagine what your system sounds like! Excellent job!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM.


1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1