Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 01-01-2008   #13

Default Re: My Home Theater

Bob,

Impressive collection and nice theater! How do you handle surround given the room shape and size?? I assume it's a top floor, does it drop down on the screen side as well?

Did you buy every HD DVD made? I mean, I even saw Waterworld in there!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Bob,

Impressive collection and nice theater! How do you handle surround given the room shape and size?? I assume it's a top floor, does it drop down on the screen side as well?

Did you buy every HD DVD made? I mean, I even saw Waterworld in there!
Well, Waterworld's a flick I always thought got a bad rap...I've always enjoyed it! I just hit 260 HD DVD's, so there's several I've skipped.

The other side is normal with a sloped ceiling. I'll attach some other photos so you can see.

Bob Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #15

Nice layout Bob,

What gear are you powering it all with?

I still am curious how you pulled off the surround channels, where are they hidden?

Now, as for the room color, love it! When I had my beach condo the master bedroom was done in a similar red with white ceilings, very cool vibe in that room.
Old 01-01-2008   #16

Quote:
Nice layout Bob,

What gear are you powering it all with?

I still am curious how you pulled off the surround channels, where are they hidden?

Now, as for the room color, love it! When I had my beach condo the master bedroom was done in a similar red with white ceilings, very cool vibe in that room.
The surround speakers are behind the custom-made speaker sconces (they're multi-colored to match the lights above the DVD cabinets). I still plan on adding a motorized curtain in front to cover the screens when not in use. We have an electric box in the ceiling for when the time comes.

I have a Dwin HD-500 CRT projector, the B&K Ref 30, Carver 5 channel amp, Toshiba A2, and an HD satellite receiver from Dishnet. Speakers are Definitive Technology BP-2000's for fronts, and C/L/R 3000's for the center and surrounds. We wired for a 7.1 system but haven't added the sides yet. Maybe someday.

Thanks for the kind words. Building it was fun. And HD DVD has given me a lot more happiness!
Old 01-01-2008   #17

I for one can't wait to see what comes out @ CES for new high end pre/pro's. I am using a Meridian 861v4 now that is awesome, but it doesn't decode any of the new audio formats, and that hurts me!

I just finished reviewing the new Def Tech MYthos ST's (four of them) and Ten center and kept them! They are truly the best buy in speakers I've seen to date!

I wondered if those were your surrounds, aren't they a bit low? How'd you deal with that issue, are they aimed up some or did you find you didn't need to do anything for them to sound good?
Old 01-01-2008   #18

Quote:
I for one can't wait to see what comes out @ CES for new high end pre/pro's. I am using a Meridian 861v4 now that is awesome, but it doesn't decode any of the new audio formats, and that hurts me!

I just finished reviewing the new Def Tech MYthos ST's (four of them) and Ten center and kept them! They are truly the best buy in speakers I've seen to date!

I wondered if those were your surrounds, aren't they a bit low? How'd you deal with that issue, are they aimed up some or did you find you didn't need to do anything for them to sound good?
I find they sound very good at their current height (and they are aimed up a bit). I typically turn up the surrounds and center anyway 'cause I prefer it that way. Aggressive mixes sound excellent! I know much has been made about Transformers HD DVD without lossless sound, but it's one of the greatest mixes I've heard yet!

Here's a few more pics of some of my memorabilia items. I need to build shelving in the back of the room for them ultimately. I still have about 20 more sideshow pieces in their boxes! NO ROOM...AARRGH!

Sponsored Links

Tags
acoustic, acoustics, ar, ar2c, ar9, atlanta, audiophile, center, channel, hires, nht, research, review, speakers, stereophile