Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 02-12-2008   #31

Default Re: My $650k house is now going to be an $850k home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Wire was pulled last week. Insulation went in this week. It's looking like March.
Did you run conduit, or just do wire behind drywall?
I used 3" conduit, in hindsight I should have used 4".
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Did you run conduit, or just do wire behind drywall?
I used 3" conduit, in hindsight I should have used 4".
6" conduit! The drywall is already up now from what my wife says. I'll have to spin by and look.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #33

Red face Re: My $650k house is now going to be an $850k home

Quote:
6" conduit! The drywall is already up now from what my wife says. I'll have to spin by and look.
WOW, 6" conduit!? How deep are your walls? Usually walls are built with 2x4's. Does your theater room have double deep walls?
Old 02-13-2008   #34

Quote:
WOW, 6" conduit!? How deep are your walls? Usually walls are built with 2x4's. Does your theater room have double deep walls?
Not only are the walls deeper than normal they're designed so I can walk in them (just that room) which is to make the electrical easier to get to in case I need to add anything.
Old 02-13-2008   #35

Quote:
Not only are the walls deeper than normal they're designed so I can walk in them (just that room) which is to make the electrical easier to get to in case I need to add anything.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO. . .but the builder I had was way too inept, also he was charging an arm and a leg for changes of that magnitude to the plan. Are you heating/cooling the in-between space? Seems like that would also be the thing to do.
Old 02-13-2008   #36

Quote:
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO DO. . .but the builder I had was way too inept, also he was charging an arm and a leg for changes of that magnitude to the plan. Are you heating/cooling the in-between space? Seems like that would also be the thing to do.
It's supposed to be air conditioned but I'll see how well that works soon.
Sponsored Links

Tags
mc207, mcintosh, meridian, plains, pool, purepower, runco, salt, sc, sc1, shunyata, test, vs, water, white, york