Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show us your System (http://www.avrev.com/forum/show-us-your-system-41/)
-   -   Eric's System (http://www.avrev.com/forum/show-us-your-system/1075-erics-system.html)

eric 09-09-2007 03:11 PM

Eric's System

5 Attachment(s)
My experience with Meridian

Had Yamaha, Denon , Lexicon now Meridian . My first Meridian was 568.2 processor then two 557 one 556 power amps .1 m33centre Changed processor for G68j. what an upgrade! More dynamic, open and more air. Changed my Dynaudio speakers to Dali, another big difference. Sounds a lot more open and detailed. Compared my 598dvd with a lot of cd players. Marantz, Arcam, Naim, the Naim cd player was £4000 then power supply £3000 tried it both ways. No comparison with 598. The 598 sounded far better in my system more air and more detailed. Tried G98dvd just a little quieter background than 598 not worth changing it. I run my front speakers with two 557-power amps on each speaker in mono. 1000 watts to each speaker. Then I tried dsp speakers.dsp 3100 dsp5500 dsp5200 I did not like them, not as open or as dynamic or detailed . The bass was all over the place with the dsp 5500. I think it must be the ribbon tweeters on the Dali speakers that make them so open the sound is so good I have heard systems costing 3, 4and 5 times the price that donít sound as good as mine. For home cinema and music there is not much out there that will touch Meridian. I had ps3 for blue ray, sold it and got the Sony bdp.s1es blue ray player, absolutely fantastic. Uncompressed pcm and dtsHD 5.1 Analogue sounds 5 to 10% better than normal ac3 and dts throw the digital cable. And I just found out I can reconfigure my other analogue inputs for another 5.1 analogue inputs on the G68j. Fantastic I think I will get the Toshiba HD player for Christmas. I tried 7.1 in my living room but it didnít work for me so I will just stick to 5.1. While I am on the subject, for HDMI switching on my processor I donít need it.
This is just my two cents.
Thanks.

System meridian G68j 598dvd, 2 557, 1 556 power amps, m33center, Sony blue ray bdps1es, Sony pearl 1080p projector. Grndview cyber series 16.9 8-foot electric screen. Panasonic 42in 1080p plasma TV. Front Dali helicon 400, Dali in wall back speakers, Snell ps10sub, Chord signature cables all round. X-box 360HD add on. And ISOTEK power supply and cables. Installed it all my self.

eric 09-10-2007 03:56 AM

Eric's System

5 Attachment(s)
I love all your systems great stuff. Hers mine. Not as good as sum of yours but still ferry impressive.

System meridin G68j processor 598dvd, 2 557, 1 556 power amps, m33center, Sony blu ray bdps1es, Sony pearl 1080p projector.Grndview cyber series 16.9 8-foot electric screen. Panasonic 42in 1080p plasma TV. Front Dali helicon 400, Dali in wall back speakers, Snell ps10sub, Chord signature cables all round. X-box 360HD add on.

AudioGuy2007 09-11-2007 12:29 PM

Re: this is my system

Cool system. What are the speakers to the left and right of your Xbox 360?

eric 09-12-2007 02:27 AM

Re: this is my system

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGuy2007 (Post 2641)
Cool system. What are the speakers to the left and right of your Xbox 360?

Dali helicon 400 front speakers. And Dali helicon phantom in wall back speakers

eric 09-12-2007 03:10 AM

Re: Post YOUR home theater system pictures and profiles here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by leisuresuitlarry (Post 2650)
Hey Eric,

What is your opinion of the Pearl so far? Does your room have to be pitch black for it to look great. You have very white walls so I'd guess you get alot of ambient light unless you have serious black out drapes or it's night time.

I think the Sony pearl is a fantastic projector I have black out curtains and I watch my films at night. no problems with ambient light. Got to keep the room looking like a liven room. I compared the Sony pearl with the jvc rsi. The jvc had a little bit better blacks. I think the pearl looked more cinematic.
Thanks.

eric 09-12-2007 12:46 PM

Eric's System

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 2685)
As a Meridian fan and user - I love the system. Andrew Robinson uses the pearl here in the US with great results. I saw the new version at CEDIA which also looked good but only incrimnentally better than the pearl.

Meridian amps are not something you see every day. Will you some day upgrade to their Powered speakers? I never did to keep my system open for other review options but I LOVE the 8000's. A little dry (like all speakers from that side of the pond) but REALLY accurate. Stunning finishes too.

I look forward to seeing you posting up a storm on AVRevForum.com

Hi jerry
I got the meridian dsp 3100 dsp 5500 dsp 5200 to try at home from my dealer dťmoed them with my Dali helicon 400 speaker my room is just 15 by 13 feet the 3100 didnít go loud enough not enough bass ruled them out. Then the 5500 far to much bass not open enough did not like them. Then the dsp 5200 I kind of liked them but not as good as my Dali helicon 400. The dali speakers are more open more space between the notes more controlled more dynamic. I like to listen to a lot of 2ch music I also use a power amp on each speaker. 1000w to each speaker. The Dali use ribbon tweeters I think thatís why they are so open and detailed.
Thanks