Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 02-22-2008   #25

Thumbs up Re: Eric's System

Well, what can we all say. I know Andrew`s reviews of the Yamaha`s receivers have been excellent. However, it is hard to believe that the Yamaha ousts the Meridian. But Eric, your happiness ultimately is what is paramount.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #26

Default Re: WAIT A MINUTE HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I will be the FIRST to tell you Yamaha's DSP is the best in receivers today. No question. Truly impressive.
I don't know about that. The DSP in the Arcam units is really impressive SQ.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #27

Default Re: Eric's System

I really don't like receivers in a home theater! Having an individual power supply in each separate is enough of a deciding factor. I like my sound LOUD and good separates allow for a wide clean dynamic range. I really can't believe the Yamaha sounds better than the Meridian separates. I didn't notice any wall treatments for room acoustics and this is more important than changing components. In your case maybe you would have a different experience between Meridian and Yamaha with wall treatments and different speakers. Of course I don't know but it would have been worth a try.

If I had to buy a receiver I would get the Lexicon. Over priced but as far as I'm concerned the best home theater receiver on the market

I visited a friend who lives in San Diego in a mutimillion $ home. He had a fabulous home theater with Runco projector. When I asked to see his equipment I almost passed out because he had this crummy 7.1 receiver. When I asked why he replied "my guy is an electrical engineer and he said that's all I need". Needless to say the picture was the best but the sound sounded like ****.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3100, 5200, 5500, cd, chord, compare, dali, digital, dsp, forum, meridian, naim, review, signature, speakers, upgrade