Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 02-21-2008   #19

Default Re: Eric's System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It makes me wonder what kind of room you have the gear in. Because I've heard both set ups and I know the Meridian sounds better even in home cinema.

Listen the Yamaha’s processing is far better than the meridian I had 8 people listen to them. Separation was better the sounds running a cross the room and down the room was a lot better full stop the Yamaha is a lot better.
Thanks
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #20

Thumbs up Re: Eric's System

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Eric, that is great you like the new yamaha. But, not that I`m doubting you, but better than the Meridian? That is major.
The meridian is better for music but not for home cinema. I don’t listing to music much any more
Old 02-21-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
Listen the Yamaha’s processing is far better than the meridian I had 8 people listen to them. Separation was better the sounds running a cross the room and down the room was a lot better full stop the Yamaha is a lot better.
Thanks
Eric
Eric,

What was your source?

I would expect this from say DTS MA vs DD.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #22

Exclamation WAIT A MINUTE HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Eric,

What was your source?

I would expect this from say DTS MA vs DD.
------

I will be the FIRST to tell you Yamaha's DSP is the best in receivers today. No question. Truly impressive.

But to say its better than Meridian's is WAY OUT THERE. Ken, Andrew and I all own (or owned) top of the line Meridian gear (Ken and I with 800 series stuff) and it is TRULY IMPRESSIVE for surround. "Trifield" was my DEFAULT surround mode for my music. Absolutely KILLER.

Let's try to keep things in perspective here. There is a REASON why a Meridian 861 cost $20,000 and a Yahaha receiver costs $2,000.
Old 02-21-2008   #23

I haven't had a Yamaha receiver in my home for a few years, but the new TOTL is supposed to be coming soon. Now as Jerry said, I am used to the Meridian 800 series, and I can truly say, music or movies, that system is top notch.

This is why I was asking what the source. I hate to say it, but I suspect well executed DTS-MA will blow away DD and regular DTS, even on a better system, so if the source was a good Blu-ray or HD DVD then maybe it did sound beter to him. I for one want my system to do movies AND music, and for me the Meridian gear is the creme de la creme and something that will always be close at hand.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #24

In my house the Yamaha defiantly sounds better it mite not in another maybe it goes with my speakers better. Not trying to bash meridian as I still think meridianG68 is still better for music pleas excuse my spelling
my source was normal dts Dolby digital
thanks
Eric
Sponsored Links

Tags
3100, 5200, 5500, cd, chord, compare, dali, digital, dsp, forum, meridian, naim, review, signature, speakers, upgrade