Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Show us your System

Show us your System Start a new thread to show us and the world your home theater. Post photos, line listings of your gear and tell us all about your rig.

Old 11-07-2007   #13

Default Re: this is my system

I wouldn't mind seeing the AVREV guys do a review of an ISOTEK unit.

Please?

Pretty Please?

and how about the new Acoustic Zen speakers? I've always been a fan of Robert Lee, but I've only heard amazing things about his speakers....

and Eric sweet setup...

Love the Meridian gear.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #14

Thumbs up Re: this is my system

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Eric,

What is next for you?

Do you have Blu-ray and HD DVD running into your Meridian?

Yes I have Blu-ray and HD DVD running into my Meridian system
Thanks

System meridian G68j 598dvd, 2 557, 1 556 power amps, m33center, Sony blue ray bdps1es, Sony pearl 1080p projector. Grndview cyber series 16.9 8-foot electric screen. Panasonic 42in 1080p plasma TV. Front Dali helicon 400, Dali in wall back speakers, Snell ps10sub, Chord signature cables all round. X-box 360HD add on. And ISOTEK power supply and cables. Installed it all my self.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #15

Default Re: Eric's System

I got the Yamaha dsp-z11 on demo and it is the best I have heard for home cinema. It is so good I have sold my meridian processor and 3 power amps to get the Yamaha it blew my meridian system away for home cinema but not as good for music but not that far away. The Yamaha sounds better when you bi- amp the front 2 speakers I only use 5.1 room not big enough for 7.1 or 11.2. I have not bought the Yamaha yet the. new denon avc-h1HD is coming out next week. The new pioneer is coming out in a couple of months. So I would like to listen to them as well.I donít know if the denon or pioneer will be as good. But I do know this the Yamaha Knox the socks of the meridian for home cinema.what do you guys think?
Thanks.
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #16

eric,

I haven't yet got the z11 to try out, and I am trying to get my hands on the new Denon processor right now, hopefully will hear back from that soon.

I would suspect that with the newer audio codecs the sound would be amazing, I know the difference between MCPCM and DD and DTS is huge, but in all my tests, my Meridian 861/G98DH combo is one of the more musical I've ever owned.

I have considered the idea of selling it all off and buying a receiver buy don't think that will happen any time soon, glad to hear your impressions of the new Yamaha unit, I'll hopefully have some of the new units in soon and will keep you all updated on them as they roll in.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
I got the Yamaha dsp-z11 on demo and it is the best I have heard for home cinema. It is so good I have sold my meridian processor and 3 power amps to get the Yamaha it blew my meridian system away for home cinema but not as good for music but not that far away. The Yamaha sounds better when you bi- amp the front 2 speakers I only use 5.1 room not big enough for 7.1 or 11.2. I have not bought the Yamaha yet the. new denon avc-h1HD is coming out next week. The new pioneer is coming out in a couple of months. So I would like to listen to them as well.I donít know if the denon or pioneer will be as good. But I do know this the Yamaha Knox the socks of the meridian for home cinema.what do you guys think?
Thanks.
Eric
It makes me wonder what kind of room you have the gear in. Because I've heard both set ups and I know the Meridian sounds better even in home cinema.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #18

Eric, that is great you like the new yamaha. But, not that I`m doubting you, but better than the Meridian? That is major.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
3100, 5200, 5500, cd, chord, compare, dali, digital, dsp, forum, meridian, naim, review, signature, speakers, upgrade