Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 11-01-2007   #1

Question TiVo Series 3 Remote Codes for Runco CR-32HD?

We recently added this new DVR to our bedroom setup but can't seem to get the remote to operate our wall-mounted Runco CR-32HD LCD screen. Have tried all of the "pre-programmed" codes for Runco and was wondering if anyone here knows who's the OE manufacturer of these sets?

btw, both the missus and I are thrilled with these new Series 3 DVRs (also have one in our home theater and that remote works wonderfully with our Sony Grand Wega and Newcastle receiver). Their built-in Guide is much, much better than the one from the Scientific Atlanta HD cable boxes they replaced and TiVo just added the ability to "transfer" recordings from one machine to the other over our home network as well as to our Macs for burning onto a DVD for off-site viewing. This alone makes our recent move from satellite (DirecTV) to cable (CableVision) worthwhile.
Old 11-07-2007   #2

Default Re: TiVo Series 3 Remote Codes for Runco CR-32HD?

UPDATE! I've been in touch with the folks at Runco and they're in the process of getting the remote codes for their LCD sets over to TiVo.

Also, TiVo has now upgraded the Series 3 DVRs to enable multi-room viewing, TiVo-to-Go and addition of an external eSATA hard drive!
Old 11-07-2007   #3

Nice!

Runco pretty much tops the list for customer service, and makes a great product to boot. Top it off with them being super good people and it is a company in the top 0.01% of the business. Glad to hear they got you corrected, if you have further issues, I would encourage you to look into the Harmony remotes, I own four of them and they are the best supported remotes I have found to date. I suspect they would also solve you problem, and they are cheap!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #4

You GOTTA love Runco!

Try calling Samsung or Sony and asking for tech support like this. You will be lucky if you ever get a person on the phone, let alone the answer you are looking for.

YES Runco sets are expensive but you DO get something for your money. THX certification, tech support and a pretty damn nice picture.
Sponsored Links

Tags
buy, code, codes, control, cr32hd, dvr, manufacturers, programming, remote, runco, samsung, satellite, series, tivo, universal