Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes-58/)
-   -   Learning to hate DirecTV more and more (http://www.avrev.com/forum/satellite-receivers-dvrs-cable-boxes/915-learning-hate-directv-more-more.html)

JerryDelColliano 10-20-2007 12:05 PM

Learning to hate DirecTV more and more

So they send me an extra HR20 HD DVR and then threaten me with $500 on my bill if I don't ship it back with a return tag.

The trick is - there is NO return tag so I call. I get the level on idiot to answer and they put you in the cue to wait some more.

When the next level person comes on the line - I have SUPER BITCH on the phone. Her brilliant idea is to send another box. We don't need another box as the unit they sent me already has a new box perfectly suitable to ship it back and save me a $500 penalty. But she wants to argue.

As obnoxious is it sounds - I did a "do you know who I am speech" telling her about AVRev.com's 650,000 audited readers and the fact that I have been a client since DAY ONE for directv. She couldn't care less. JD Powers should note this before the start raving about how good DirecTV's customer service is.

I am getting fed up with DirecTV. Peyton Manning can kiss my ass. Just provide a service that works and support that doesn't waste my time. This SIMPLE need took 35 minutes on a call on a Saturday. I bill $300 per hour - Can I send them an invoice for $165?

TheMoose 10-20-2007 11:06 PM

Re: Learning to hate DirecTV more and more

Wow, you are not having any fun with DirecTV!!

I feel your pain as dealing with minimum wage script readers doesn't do anyones blood pressure any good.

I hope you get everything straightened out & can start to enjoy some of the new HD stations they have now.

Silver Supra 10-21-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 4640)
Wow, you are not having any fun with DirecTV!!

I feel your pain as dealing with minimum wage script readers doesn't do anyones blood pressure any good.

I hope you get everything straightened out & can start to enjoy some of the new HD stations they have now.

Sooo true.

I had a very painful experience just trying to sign up for their service!

Each time I called - I got a different price and different information regarding their "packages". I finally found a manager who knew what she was talking about.
I told her how awful my experience was prior to her - and she said that she knew that most of the operators were mis-informed (or downright stupid).

It's a shame since I absolutely love their product. Thankfully I haven't needed to call
their customer support line since then.

Now back to my NFL Sunday ticket! :)

JerryDelColliano 10-22-2007 04:26 PM

Now my installer is telling me I need to replace all of my HD TiVos with HD DVRs.

Bend over Jerry - here comes another one.

TheMoose 10-23-2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 4693)
Now my installer is telling me I need to replace all of my HD TiVos with HD DVRs.

Bend over Jerry - here comes another one.

That's what I was thinking you'd have to do, the TiVo's are Mpeg2 & the new HD channels are Mpeg4 as is the HR20 HD-DVR's.

If you call customer retention & raise a stink about the problems you've had you may get a better deal on the HR-20's.

J.J. 10-23-2007 08:18 AM

I just switched to DISH NETWORK a few months ago. I had called Directv to see what I had to do to get an HD DVR and they stated that it would cost me $199.00. I have been a customer for 12 or more years. New customers get these for free. I was told I could upgrade to DVRs in all my rooms one at a time for free every six months (they just wouldn't be HD DVRs). So I said OK and they sent my first upgrade.

A few months later I decided to switch to DISH and canceled my service. They are now billing me for $250 for early cancellation. I have since found out that with the "FREE" upgrade also committed me to a new 2 year contract that no one told me about. They now state that it was a "verbal agreement". They must have said it under their breath. I had been a customer for years!!!

How's that for good customer service.