Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 02-06-2009   #19

Default Re: Learning to hate DirecTV more and more

I don't know how to put this but if the people that have filled there commitment, would call to cancel there service and vow to that for a year, and others follow as there service commitment is up and follow the same plan I bet you would see a change In there hiring practices and there equipment that there putting out. We as consumers don't realize what true effect we have on what we so call as service. I worked for Lexus for many years and in the beginning it was about customer service and guess what they have fallen in the same trap and hire young inexperienced people, that can't show up for work on time, talk on the phone all the time ,and hear your boss say I got them cheap. After years of walking in the mess of this, slooowly good core people started to leave, and complaining set in. Now this may have nothing to do with this, but it starts with me, I cancelled my service over a year ago and never returned now I have basic cable and started buying, renting and never went back. Yes they still send me emails, letters and phone calls but I remind them of there service and I'm only one we need more then one to change there business practices. By the I was let go because of a back injury and I'm jobless now but it was the best decision for me it caused me to be me again. So call and cancel if you commitment is up, and others after yours is up, and dare to see what happens I already know.

Last edited by t100; 02-06-2009 at 04:39 AM..
t100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #20

I had a problem with them where they cut off my service entirely before the end of a month I had paid for because I had not paid for Wrestlemania yet. I had not even received a bill for it yet. I went back to cable service but I do miss Sunday ticket. I explained to the person that I should at least get told they are shutting down my service before the do it and I should get a reason for shutting down the service before it is done. I told them they had lousy customer service and if that is how they treat people they will lose customers. I agree customer service in the US is probably the worst it has ever been except for small business which are building and need to care for their base to grow. Big business like Directv figure they have enough customers that it will not effect their business. Personally I think they are wrong but I am only one person. I have never bought another wrestling pay per view since that time and I used to get each one. I also still have to Directv dish still attached to my roof but have never bought it again.
farrellhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
That's what I was thinking you'd have to do, the TiVo's are Mpeg2 & the new HD channels are Mpeg4 as is the HR20 HD-DVR's.

If you call customer retention & raise a stink about the problems you've had you may get a better deal on the HR-20's.
I just switched to DISH NETWORK a few months ago. I had called Directv to see what I had to do to get an HD DVR and they stated that it would cost me $199.00. I have been a customer for 12 or more years. New customers get these for free. I was told I could upgrade to DVRs in all my rooms one at a time for free every six months (they just wouldn't be HD DVRs). So I said OK and they sent my first upgrade.

A few months later I decided to switch to DISH and canceled my service. They are now billing me for $250 for early cancellation. I have since found out that with the "FREE" upgrade also committed me to a new 2 year contract that no one told me about. They now state that it was a "verbal agreement". They must have said it under their breath. I had been a customer for years!!!

How's that for good customer service.

Tags
boxes, cable, charges, contract, customer, defaulting, directv, dvr, free, months, penalty, retention, return, returning, upgrade