Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes

Satellite Receivers, DVRs & Cable Boxes Having firmware issues with your DVR? Does your TiVo always miss the last few minutes of the game? Does your MPEG-4 cable box have issues? Discuss here.

Old 01-09-2009   #7

Default I have never hated anything more!

I am too tired and upset at the moment to type out the entire sad story, but I absolutely hate DirecTV more than anything dead or living in this world. And everyone who works for them. I wish there was something more I could do to find a large enough collection of people that hate them even a little and hurt them. It would be nice to see them shut down, and for high ups to be out of a job and money. Then lets see how they try to figure out what to do "Oh no, now they've taken our money, but its more unfair because we work hard to steal from our loyal customers! Give me back my millions! Waaaah!!"

Alas, I dare not waste my precious energy hating something too large for me to consume, but this post will serve as an everlasting avenue for others who feel or have felt the same way to feel that anger I have for them at the moment.
Ramble On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #8

Default Re: I have never hated anything more!

They ****ed me off when they essentially stole my Tivo HD DVR. I had a bad modem in it, and had to send it off (while still under warranty) for repair. This was a box I bought and owned outright. Instead of repairing the modem, they sent me one of their "new" piece of junk non-Tivo HD DVR boxes, then started charging me an HD DVR box rental fee, and said since I have a new box I am automatically in a new contract. This is when I told them to take their new box and shove it, and completely killed the service and switched to Dish Network. DirecTV ended up stealing my Tivo box and tried to say I still owed them money for time left on my contract that I never agreed to! Those robbers need to go out of business ASAP!

Edit: Aditional info.

Also, I had to return the box they replaced my Tivo box with when I cancelled or else I would owe them ~ $500+ for the new box. And, to this day, I still get a letter nearly 3 - 4 times a month begging me to come back, or just advertising how great they are.

Last edited by rlpiii; 01-14-2009 at 07:23 AM..
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #9

Default Re: I have never hated anything more!

Oh man! That certainly sounds just like 'em. I can't believe that! How come its always whatever makes the most sense is what they go against, oh right, because they just want their money. You know, a smart person would start a new cable company, call it whatever they want, because when it comes to advertising all they'd have to do is say "We won't screw you like DirecTV!" and the whole world know they were probably one of us!
Old 02-02-2009   #10

Default Re: Learning to hate DirecTV more and more

I have had the same bad experiences with Direct TV as so many of you had. I bought expensive Tivo boxes a few years ago only to find out that they were obsolete. So I had to buy new boxes from Direct TV. While they charged me $300, many people paid nothing. If you yelled at them they lowered the prices.

The damn boxes NEVER worked. They sent me five or six of them, but when I turned to a station, or went to playback, half the time I got a blank screen. They sent “service” men 8 or 9 times and they all said the same thing. The boxes were junk, switch to Verizon. These were not really Direct TV guys, but local service men under contract.

Well, after a year I switched to Verizon and returned the boxes. They billed me originally $650 for services AND breaking a contract with them. I had no signed contract, and, I did not have working boxes so the contract was voided by them, by me, if I had a contract. They said I had to stay two years. I paid for the boxes and never got service. Unfortunately they are not regulated. I got $550 of the charges dismissed, but will never get back the $300 for the boxes that never worked.

How do they get away with all this?
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
How do they get away with all this?

That is the question. Why does it seem like there is always this brick wall and no matter what evidence/proof you have that they are stealing from you, there is a response to everything? Why do they need my money more than I do? Is it because they lose customers on account of them not caring? And how are they legally able to take our money like that and there is literally nothing we can do short of a class action law suit which I am mere steps from attempting. Its not fair, its extremely frustrating and for what? So I can watch movies from outer space? How is it that not one single person you talk to there cares enough to just give in? Oh right, because THAT would represent customer service. They literally do not care. I don't mean they fake it, not even that. They pretty much just say "We have absolutely no interest in keeping your business or making you feel better about the awful situation we have put you in, because we can just take your money and keep it, so... f*** you, g'night."

Gotta love it! I need to find out more about class action lawsuits...
Old 02-03-2009   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble On View Post
. . .Gotta love it! I need to find out more about class action lawsuits...
Amongst stealing our boxes, fraudulently claiming we are in multi-year contracts that we never signed, and then sending collection agencies after us for not paying cancellation fees on these fraudulent contracts, I would think we would definitely have a case against them.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boxes, cable, charges, contract, customer, defaulting, directv, dvr, free, months, penalty, retention, return, returning, upgrade